5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I am very excited for the Easter Hatch also. I might fill 2 incubators for that one.

Don't forget there is also the Cinco De Mayo turkey hatchathon(all poultry welcome though)
There's a Cinco De Mayo hatchalong too? Holy cow!
ep.gif
Theres a bunch! Easter, NYD, Cinco de Mayo...Any I missed?

Who else has an extremely dusty house that never seems to be clean. I have a field in front and in back of me, old carpet (like 20 years old, with BF that thinks there is nothing wrong with it :mad: ) 3 dogs, 2 cats and a brooder with 3 chicks in it. But once again BF blames chicks.....really. I have been at the dusting thing for an hour, and it appears as soon as I walk away 

[COLOR=800080]Okay, for people with a dusty house, I have the cure-all, never dust again secret. Read Carefully all Instructions. Do NOT move any items on shelves, bookcases, dressers, mantles, end tables etc. With all items and decor left in it's place it is much harder to see the dust, therefore eliminating the need to actually dust.Lol! You should hear me when someone moves something..."GREAT, thanks, now I have to dust!!" I live in an old farmhouse with 2 dogs, a cat, and I brood in the house. It's a never ending battle over here, so I officially declare, the dust has won the battle![/COLOR]

What "battle?" I've known for decades that dust protects surfaces.

So the stuck egg was an ordeal sprinkled w/ chaos :(

There must have been some oozing super glue in the lower part totally not visible
AND it just so happened that _this_ egg was exactly the same curvature as the egg turner,

So I tried the warm water & just move the next door egg but the result as you maybe have guessed was a cracked in half egg,
w/ egg running everywhere onto the turner, down into the tray which apparently was not 100% level.

So the saving grace is I have 2 LG bators so as soon as I could get some wads of tissue around the mess I ran
(remembered to close door to keep cats & dogs out)
grabbed the dirty but not THAT dirty bottom of the other LG, ran back across the house,
put the other 48 eggs into the bottom of the other LG, (so much for not moving the shipped eggs too much)
put the hot lid over that, & took the egg covered turner/screen/bottom to the shower for a hose off.
Then I still had 50% of the egg cup part w/ egg shell stuck to it!

I took the turner to the kitchen sink & tried to get the egg shell off w/ a copper choreboy scrubbie, wouldn't do a thing.
I finally spent 15 mins (truely!) picking it out a tiny chip at a time w/ the tip of a paring knife, wow, they should have used egg ooze to hold the space shuttle tiles in place!!
The plastic of that cup is actually a little dinged up from digging the eggshell off w/ the knife.

I got it all dry again.( By the way during all this I fielded 4calls from DH re:shopping list, 2 calls from other ppl, AND made dinner)

I put the eggs back into the re-cleaned bottom/screan/turner. I did a flashlight candle as I moved them since I had to handle them anyway.
Still looks like about 8 good ones, a few maybe way slow starts ? , a few likely blood rings, a few clears a few too dark to tell.

So I did the logical thing, I stacked the smallest of the maybe eggs on the other eggs, to make room along the open space between the turner & wall,
where I formerly had a row of eggs filling things up, and

Into that now open space I placed 8 of my own eggs I collected the past few days!!
So those are now w/ the Late Hatch Gang -- 4 large brown (CL roo Prince), and 4 green pullet (CL roo Good King Henry)

Egg #39 is not more, long live the newly set eggs #51-59!

Back
Top Bottom