5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

ok candled for last time and on lock down
woot.gif
now to wait and see
pop.gif
fl.gif

My eggs are officially in lockdown. I thought I saw one wiggle and thought hmm that sounded like a cheep but I don't think so lol.

And Im very excited, I didn't even ask him to do it because he hates my chicken addiction, DH built me another brooder today
big_smile.png
. He decided to build some built in shelves in the garage for storing all my animal supplies like feed and scoops buckets etc. He also added a built in brooder to it. Its not very big but the thought that counts. On the opposite side of the brooder is where the feed will be stored and its completely closed in with a door on the front so rodents cant get in. Its heigh off the ground. I will try to get a pic of it later, its not fully done yet. The brooder side still needs some hardware cloth and the feed side needs the door hinged on.

Last edited:

Built some new coops,,, Quick.. Kinda cold in my garage so..Some thinking was hurried up...You know when you for get to measure that third time,,That kinda of stuff... Top can be divided for the two hen I have broody.. The move was not like by the jersey giant.. She did no appear to make it back ,, but the barred hen did...Going to go check and feed ,gather eggs here and see what she has decided,,,

I love these!

I think I may add a few of these under my new shelves DH made me today.

My eggs are officially in lockdown. I thought I saw one wiggle and thought hmm that sounded like a cheep but I don't think so lol.

And Im very excited, I didn't even ask him to do it because he hates my chicken addiction, DH built me another brooder today
big_smile.png
. He decided to built some built in shelves in the garage for storing all my animal supplies like feed and scoops buckets etc. He also added a built in brooder to it. Its not very big but the thought that counts. On the opposite side of the brooder is where the feed will be stored and its completely closed in with a door on the front so rodent cant get in. Its height off the ground. I will try to get a pic of it later, its not fully done yet. The brooder side still needs some hardware cloth and the feed side needs the door hinged on.
highfive.gif

That is very exciting!

I put my eggs in the hatcher tonight, 1 araucana was not fertile. I only candle to find the dip in the air cell just as I put them into hatcher. I only lost 1 so far for the hatch-A-long.

I had 10 out of 10 RIR's hatch Friday and they were eggs I had bought off e-bay that were mailed to me. 100% hatch rate on mailed eggs. WooHoo!

I put my eggs in the hatcher tonight, 1 araucana was not fertile. I only candle to find the dip in the air cell just as I put them into hatcher. I only lost 1 so far for the hatch-A-long.

I had 10 out of 10 RIR's hatch Friday and they were eggs I had bought off e-bay that were mailed to me. 100% hatch rate on mailed eggs. WooHoo!

WOW! That's fantastic!

Who did you purchase the eggs from on ebay. What is the user name? I may get me some of those! You may send a private message if you do not want to disclose the name on here.

Last edited:

fl.gif
That is good so far!

Back
Top Bottom