5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

OMG OMG OMG! (You are witnessing a nearly 40 year old man dancing for joy ala Snoopy...) We got home a little while ago and heard more peeping. Then there was a tremendous PEEEEEEEEEppeeppeeeppeeeeep and two grown men were racing each other to the incubator. Guess what we saw, at 3:10? Why, hello there little one. You're early! Twenty minutes later, at 3:30 on the nose, we had this: And here's the shell from the first egg that I bred (ever) and hatched (ever)! And yes, I do have a thing for leopard print, why do you ask? :weee :celebrate :weee :jumpy :yesss:
LOVE the leopard print! Congrats on your new baby! When did you set your eggs?

OMG OMG OMG! (You are witnessing a nearly 40 year old man dancing for joy ala Snoopy...)

We got home a little while ago and heard more peeping. Then there was a tremendous PEEEEEEEEEppeeppeeeppeeeeep and two grown men were racing each other to the incubator. Guess what we saw, at 3:10?

Why, hello there little one. You're early!

Twenty minutes later, at 3:30 on the nose, we had this:

And here's the shell from the first egg that I bred (ever) and hatched (ever)!

And yes, I do have a thing for leopard print, why do you ask?

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif
smilies-3434.png

That is very nice to see!

OMG OMG OMG! (You are witnessing a nearly 40 year old man dancing for joy ala Snoopy...)

We got home a little while ago and heard more peeping. Then there was a tremendous PEEEEEEEEEppeeppeeeppeeeeep and two grown men were racing each other to the incubator. Guess what we saw, at 3:10?

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif
Woohoo! Congrats on the first baby!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif

I have no pips yet, I set on the 11th at about 3 pm. If your temps run high for the incubation period without burning up they will hatch early. If your temps run low for the incubation period they will hatch late. I have adjusted my incubator temps so that my hatches are on day 21 almost every time. I had 20 hatches last this past season and only my first one was early. I expect them on the 1st. Be patient my friends :drool

I have no pips yet, I set on the 11th at about 3 pm. If your temps run high for the incubation period without burning up they will hatch early. If your temps run low for the incubation period they will hatch late. I have adjusted my incubator temps so that my hatches are on day 21 almost every time. I had 20 hatches last this past season and only my first one was early. I expect them on the 1st. Be patient my friends
droolin.gif
I'll note that my incubator ran a bit warm the first week, then did this crazy spiking up to 106 one day, then settled down and ran at almost perfectly 100 degrees the rest of the hatch...so who knows if they're gonna be early, late, right on time...if this is the ONLY chick I get, I'll consider it a huge success.

My other half thinks I'm crazy.

OMG OMG OMG! (You are witnessing a nearly 40 year old man dancing for joy ala Snoopy...) We got home a little while ago and heard more peeping. Then there was a tremendous PEEEEEEEEEppeeppeeeppeeeeep and two grown men were racing each other to the incubator. Guess what we saw, at 3:10? Why, hello there little one. You're early! Twenty minutes later, at 3:30 on the nose, we had this: And here's the shell from the first egg that I bred (ever) and hatched (ever)! And yes, I do have a thing for leopard print, why do you ask? :weee :celebrate :weee :jumpy :yesss:
I wish I had been a fly on your wall to see that! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom