5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

First day back to work. Worried about the eggs all day. Only to come home to 2 sick horses (one colic and the other has an abscess in his hoof).

Finally get inside to check on the eggs, but not sure if my incubator has the right amount of humidity now. Calibrated 3 (2 analog & 1 digital) and they are so off from each other now. Digital is reading 40%, the analogs 55% and 72%. Grrrrrr

This is going to be a long couple of days. New Year not looking bright.
th.gif

Sparkle has been quietly talking to her eggs for the past couple of days. She is my House Silkie and has brooded and hatched in the house before, but in the second bedroom (laughingly called "the Office"), not the living room. She took over the dog bed under the TV table late last month and I tucked three large fowl flock "mix" eggs under her on the 11th for the NYD Hatch.

Retired, and without a car for the past couple of weeks, I have had a front row seat to Sparkle's broody behavior. Never observed this "chattiness" before. It's adorable.

Sparkle has been quietly talking to her eggs for the past couple of days. She is my House Silkie and has brooded and hatched in the house before, but in the second bedroom (laughingly called "the Office"), not the living room. She took over the dog bed under the TV table late last month and I tucked three large fowl flock "mix" eggs under her on the 11th for the NYD Hatch.

Retired, and without a car for the past couple of weeks, I have had a front row seat to Sparkle's broody behavior. Never observed this "chattiness" before. It's adorable.

That is adorable :)

Awww, that is so neat! I can't wait for my Silkie chicks to grow up and hatch eggs for me!

First day back to work. Worried about the eggs all day. Only to come home to 2 sick horses (one colic and the other has an abscess in his hoof).

Finally get inside to check on the eggs, but not sure if my incubator has the right amount of humidity now. Calibrated 3 (2 analog & 1 digital) and they are so off from each other now. Digital is reading 40%, the analogs 55% and 72%. Grrrrrr

This is going to be a long couple of days. New Year not looking bright.
th.gif
Sorry to hear about your horses.
hugs.gif
I hope they both make speedy recoveries.

Awwww.
love.gif
That sounds so sweet.

Ron, in case no one has told you, you are awesome! You have been so helpful and supportive to everyone on here. I just wanted to let you know. Happy hatching!!!
2ur5tdu_th.jpg

Thank you!

I just hope everyone has a good hatch, a good time and that we all can learn new things! I have learned a bunch during this hatch a long like I do at every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom