5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I can't remember if I posted my lockdown picture? 6 marans 3 trader joes eggs
the marans air cells are freaky

I can't remember if I posted my lockdown picture? 6 marans 3 trader joes eggs the marans air cells are freaky

Mine were too, but I did get one to hatch. It had been pipped for a long time, decided because of the large air sac, that I would help a bit with pulling some egg shell back..glad I did, that poor head was smashed on one side. At first I thought it was deformed, but then I checked it out closer, and it just needed room! After it's head was out for a while, it did real well, hatched the rest of the way on it's own within a couple of hrs.

We have chickage!
wee.gif

Sparkle is a surrogate mother again! One of the two eggs has hatched. She was clucking and poking her head under her body, then a little head poked out from her feathers. It cheeped a bit, then snuggled back into Sparkle's feathers.
love.gif

She hatched this chick early; I was anticipating watching her and the Tournament of Roses Parade tomorrow morning as the eggs hatched.

YAY!!! Congrats - Wanna see, WANNA SEEE!!!!!!

Mine were too, but I did get one to hatch. It had been pipped for a long time, decided because of the large air sac, that I would help a bit with pulling some egg shell back..glad I did, that poor head was smashed on one side. At first I thought it was deformed, but then I checked it out closer, and it just needed room! After it's head was out for a while, it did real well, hatched the rest of the way on it's own within a couple of hrs.
Poor little thing. Glad you decided to help it a little bit.
highfive.gif

Here's my little guy from 3:30pm yesterday...lookin all SASSY with his two 'dime store' mammas ;) He's so cute, cuddling between them. I had to take him out of the bator when he got stuck upside down in an egg cup *facepalm*

Sassy chick sez "What's unnatural about having two lime green feather dusters for a mamma when I came into this world in a white Styrofoam box filled with LEDs, river rocks, and a low temperature heating element?"

So CUTE to watch him cuddle the feather dusters...and apparently my meat roosters caused me more trouble than I knew...this guy has fuzzy feet...Goliath does NOT have fuzzy feet. Grrrrr. More of a barnyard surprise than I was anticipating! LOL!

Well, number 2 is now out and drying off with number 1!
jumpy.gif
ya.gif
No more visible pips now though. These two were early risers and I guess the rest have decided to sleep in.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom