5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

can anyone help me with my slipped beak problem?

I used to raise parrots years ago, and we once had scissor beak, there was nothing we could do for it. I do not know for certain you can not have it fixed by a vet? But if it's not sever the little one can live a normal life you will just have to feed and water it in deep dishes and possibly feed damp food. The crossed beak makes it hard for them to pick up feed.

I will also mention this can be a genetic issue so you do not wanna use the bird as a breeder.

I hope this helps some.

Here are some pictures....her beak isnt all too bad but its still slipped.

How bad is this?

This is called "cross beak." There are several threads on this site about it. Only time will tell how severe it will be.

Was just looking in on the broody, she has 3 of 6 hatched. Couldn't get all 3 out at the same time.

Oops, wrong pic, added the right one.

Last edited:
So envious! I still am sittin' the same as I have been all day
hit.gif
There's peeping coming from all the eggs, but no more pips, no zips.

Congrats on your chickies! When you gonna show us the little darlings??
At least you have SOMETHING going on.

Was just looking in on the broody, she has 3 of 6 hatched. Couldn't get all 3 out at the same time.

They are camera shy.

I had such an exciting and fun time participating in my first BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long! Thank you to everyone.

Although I have only four little peepers out of the 53 eggs I set, I am so thrilled, happy and a proud mamma as this was only my second attempt at hatching and the first attempt had not one pip or hatch. So, I consider this a success and I am very happy. Also, over half of my eggs were shipped and most of those were either infertile or had some wacky air cells and cracks going on.

I ended up with 2 Blue Orpingtons. I think one is a pullet, and the other is a roo. I also ended up with 2 grand-babies of my polish rooster, Cletus and one of my leghorn hens. They are just adorable.

Congrats to everyone and I love seeing the pictures!

I had such an exciting and fun time participating in my first BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long! Thank you to everyone.

Although I have only four little peepers out of the 53 eggs I set, I am so thrilled, happy and a proud mamma as this was only my second attempt at hatching and the first attempt had not one pip or hatch. So, I consider this a success and I am very happy. Also, over half of my eggs were shipped and most of those were either infertile or had some wacky air cells and cracks going on.

I ended up with 2 Blue Orpingtons. I think one is a pullet, and the other is a roo. I also ended up with 2 grand-babies of my polish rooster, Cletus and one of my leghorn hens. They are just adorable.

Congrats to everyone and I love seeing the pictures!

It is great to get the chicks to hatch!

I hope shipping will be better for you next time too.

smilies-3434.png

Do you have CX Crosses?

2 of my 3 roosters are CX the other is a RIR I am really excited about these because my CX and Faverolles are the most interesting birds in my flock. I posted a video. The egg at the front that is opened up was the second of the favy eggs to hatch

Back
Top Bottom