5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

The same thing happened to me last year!!! HAHA!
gig.gif
Jap Bantam too? LOL those birds can not stand upright! (even more when the flash goes off!) ROFL

My 1st Silkie chick is hatching! It is mid-zip right now so I expect in the next 10 mins or so it should be out. I cant wait to see it! The egg is labeled white so it should be a white Silkie. This will be chick number 2 to hatch and I have 2 more pips.

Again GREAT pics! The last chick does look maybe buff. Are these Silkie chicks from your own eggs or did you buy them from someone? Crossbeak is genetic so if it from your eggs you shouldn't breed from your Silkie anymore, if you got the eggs from else where you need to let the breeder know that her hens are passing this defect along to chicks so they can stop using their hens for breeding.

ok, ill surely let him know! I don't want anyone else to get defected chicks.

he just began breeding slkies, and is now focusing on them more.....ill let him know...he has so many silkies though, so how will he know whch is giving the gene?

@Pozees @Cynthia12

you guys will get a LOAD out of this one!

So I was taking a picture of my Japanese Bantam when....

when I went to take the picture I forgot my flash was on.....the chick literally fell backwards and I got a photo of it FALLING!!!!

I THINK I may have stunned it.....LOL ROFL
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
Oh my gosh!
lau.gif
This made me burst out laughing and at the same time think poor baby. It looks so shocked.
gig.gif

I finally have something going on! 2 of my Trader Joes eggs have pipped! I don't expect anything with the marans until tomorrow (considering I set them a day late, due to shipping)
I just love that other folks take the challenge to hatch Trader Joe's fertile eggs! My Josie, hatched on 1/1/11 - in the first BYC NYD Hatch I joined - is still in my flock. I hatched four TJ chicks (yeah, WL) three hens and one rooster. A couple years ago I gifted a fellow starting a flock with the other 2 Josie's. Kinda wished I hadn't, because I generally keep white eggs for my own eating so I have plenty of colored eggs to sell. WAY to go, Carrie!

I just love looking at the pictures of all of the newly hatched chickies.
jumpy.gif
I hope that one day I will be hatching right along with you guys! Need more land and more coops!
hide.gif

Happy New Year!!
smilies-3435.png

It would be nice having you hatch a long with us!

I am admittedly jealous of all the successful hatches so far... But one of my eggs has finally pipped! Still no action yet from the other eggs, but that one is really shaking and rocking!

fl.gif

I really am liking this coloring. Very nice!

The Amelias are very nice chickens!
Okay, here's "Chip"
big_smile.png
He's (she's?) a bantam chocolate wyandotte (I know I keep saying that, but I saw someone requested to put the breed down with the pics). Unfortunately he's a lone survivor out of 9 eggs total. The two eggs I had in with him never pipped or peeped and they were no longer moving. I opened the eggs through the air cell and found them dead and upside down. They pipped internally and drowned or suffocated. I'm so sad
hit.gif
I didn't even get one BLR wyandotte. I've been having a problem with malpositioned chicks. What could cause this? They seem to suffer from saddle shaped air cells due to shipping. Could that be it? Maybe they can't turn into the proper position? I feel terrible but what can you do. I bought more chocolate wyandotte eggs and I'm trying again. I'll search for BLRW bantams later. But this little guy is all alone. So I've been handling him a lot and letting him take naps on me, otherwise he peeps loudly until I pick him up. Feather duster isn't helping either. Anyways, here's Chip. He's teeny tiny. Not use to bantams!

love.gif
The are great looking!

Back
Top Bottom