5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Thanks everyone! I about choked on my drink when she said she wants $10 a piece for her chicks.... but I am desperate and that price keeps me from buying 5 or 6. LOL
What is a sizzle??

Thanks everyone! I about choked on my drink when she said she wants $10 a piece for her chicks.... but I am desperate and that price keeps me from buying 5 or 6. LOL 

What is a sizzle??

$10/chick is actually reasonable for a Silkie. I've paid anywhere from $5 (pet quality) on up, and a good show bird will cost you a pile of money.

ETA: my SFH chicks cost me over $20 when you add in shipping, and there is always a minimum. Each shipment costs me about $200 or so.

Last edited:
$10/chick is actually reasonable for a Silkie. I've paid anywhere from $5 (pet quality) on up, and a good show bird will cost you a pile of money.
SHe is giving me a break... normally $45. Wow! They are show quality she says.
smile.png

Quote:
highfive.gif
Today is my hump day. Thank goodness too since weather is going to be so nasty on Monday and Tuesday
final count 4 chicks out of 45 set: 3 OEs and 1 Orpington

Dealing with the snow in PA….got one happy camper here...

The minute my Zoe saw the snow I thought she was going to pee herself. She loves the snow, and ice chunks. I wish mine could be off leash, she is only 19 months and loves to run. She caught herself a rabbit after her escape from her lead and ate it all before I found her in the woods, but gave up the skull for a piece of cheese, I found her I will trade anything for treat.

Does anyone know of a hatchery that ships day old chicks this time of year?
Everyone beat me to this as I was 20 pages behind, Meyer is actually shipping on Mon and Tues next week

WOW!

Too bad she is a little far....I lost my best rooster last summer to a coon, a lovely Glen See boy, and I want a replacement so, s
4 Hours isn't that bad when the weather is better.
smile.png
Maybe we could arrange something if you like the look of my chick. LOL What color do you suggest? She says she has a variety.

Back
Top Bottom