5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

do you sell chicks and hatching eggs? I may consider getting eggs for another hatch. right now we just need these babies to grow a bit and move them to their coop.

what breed is Hawke? is it one of your highest show quality birds you breed?

I did well with my bantam langshans last year. At the moment, I'd say they are my best show birds, yes. I do sell/ship eggs, PM me when you are ready.Hopefully this nasty cold weather breaks soon. I ship with a heat pack but it is 12 degree at the moment. Brrrr.

Everyone with silkies..... would a 10 day old chick be a good big brother/sister for 3 day old Hawke? I think I found her a friend!!

It should be fine. I have a 4 week old LF chick that hatched by itself in a brooder with a Silkie 2 weeks older and they get along famously. I put them together when the younger one was only a few days old, no problems at all.

I did well with my bantam langshans last year. At the moment, I'd say they are my best show birds, yes. I do sell/ship eggs, PM me when you are ready.Hopefully this nasty cold weather breaks soon. I ship with a heat pack but it is 12 degree at the moment. Brrrr.

Awesome! I will PM when ready! I have so many chickens right now...for me anyhow.17. 2 coops, one still being built. ill surely let you know! pretty birds!

I have relatives in PA....went up for turkey day. cold as heck there! LOL VA pretty cold......here....20s?wheather TERRIBLE today! wind! aaagggggg! ill let you know! I wouldn't order any now....for the sake of my gut and for the eggs itself! hahah

thanks!
~Bantambury

My hatch is complete. Here is my total

Set 38 eggs (32 silkies shipped, 6 (3bcm, 3oe from my flock)
pulled 13clears, 1bloodring, 3early quiters

21 eggs went into lockdown

10 hatched
-7 silkies (2partridge, 2splash, 2 white, 1blue)
-2 F2 OE
-1 BCM
partridge

partridge

splash

splash

blue

white

2 OE to the left 1BCM to the right

Group shot minus 1white silkie still in the bator, just hatched and still wet

Thanks everyone! I about choked on my drink when she said she wants $10 a piece for her chicks.... but I am desperate and that price keeps me from buying 5 or 6. LOL
What is a sizzle??
I wish there was someone here that had sizzle's or frizzle's. $10 seems like a fair price. Be careful when breeding the sizzle's though. If you breed anything with the gene in them together they turn out with bad feathering so I have read.

This is a sizzle.

This is a frizzle.

And the pic below is what happens when you breed two chickens with the frizzle gene.

Finally got pics...

Needs a name (Mille d'Uccle) likes to play in the water:

Sebastian (Silkie):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geordana (Mille d'Uccle):

Sonoma? (Mille d'Uccle):

Fulgora (Frizzle x Silkie) named after goddess of lighting cause her feathers are always standing up.

My hatch is complete. Here is my total

Set 38 eggs (32 silkies shipped, 6 (3bcm, 3oe from my flock)
pulled 13clears, 1bloodring, 3early quiters

21 eggs went into lockdown

10 hatched
-7 silkies (2partridge, 2splash, 2 white, 1blue)
-2 F2 OE
-1 BCM
partridge

partridge

splash

splash

blue

white

2 OE to the left 1BCM to the right

Group shot minus 1white silkie still in the bator, just hatched and still wet

who did your get your silkies from? if love to look into them! they look very nice compared to mine....especially the foot feathering and crest!

Back
Top Bottom