5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Final total on eggs I counted for hatch (I forgot I had more silkies hatching this weekend!)

6 appenzellers set (shipped)
2 not fertile
4 made it to ld
1 looked to have died around day 12 (I missed this when I moved it to hatcher)
1 died after pip
1 died no pip
1 doing awesome - pics soon of this cutie

1 silkie set
I like to set an egg from our hens when I do eggs I have shipped because the silkie coop is always fertile and nearly always hatch
This little one is doing perfect keeping my little appen company
smile.png

Mixed eggs I had under my broody hen did not hatch, this darn crazy weather 68 one day 26 the next poor hens.

Congrats to everyone who had little ones. And thank you all especially Ron for the hatch along. I learned a lot
smile.png
sign0092.gif

It was great having you hatch with us!

I will look for you during the Easter Hatch!

I love Ideal!
http://www.idealpoultry.com/shoponline.html

Oh dear, had to catch myself...I found myself staying a bit too long on that site!

Anytime I click there on (ACCIDENT)
1f609.png
I end up browsing for at least a half hr. then I have to talk myself down by reminding myself about that larger henhouse I need first....

Just a quick note to say that @ronott1
did a FANTASTIC job with this NYD hatch-a-long, and shout out a huge "THANK YOU!" for all the effort he put into making this happen and keeping things running smoothly!!!

:bow

:thumbsup

I wasn't a part of this Hatch-a-long, but I did follow it. Ron you have turned this into an amazing project I want to join. Time to build my own Bater!

x2! He DID a great job helping all of us in order for organization!

It was a blast, and he definitely made my first hatch well worth it! @ronott1
 im so happy I met you through here! you are so kind! I have met so many new people through my obsession.....OOPS I mean hobby:D

Thanks again for everything you have done Ron!
now I cant wait for Easter! whose with me?!?! LOL

~Bantambury

ME! I have not tried hatching before, and I finally have a Roo now in hopes of hatching with a broody. But, just in case, I will be attempting to build my own incubator before the Easter hatch-a-long!!!

OMG! I just read this whole thing tonight and I have never hatched one egg in an incubator. Dang, there is a lot to know. All y'all did great. It was getting pretty stressful there around page 740 or so!! LOL. This website is so great, but fear I have a real chicken addiction sometimes.

Do you have your incubator yet? You have time for a test hatch before Easter. They we can work with you to fine tune your hatch!

sign0092.gif

for watching and cheering us on!
She's hatching she's really hatching!!!!
wee.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

I wasn't a part of this Hatch-a-long, but I did follow it. Ron you have turned this into an amazing project I want to join. Time to build my own Bater!
ME! I have not tried hatching before, and I finally have a Roo now in hopes of hatching with a broody. But, just in case, I will be attempting to build my own incubator before the Easter hatch-a-long!!!
yesss.gif
I have been called a big enabler!

Yes get that incubator built! It is time to get things lined up for the Easter Hatch!

sad.png
About 4 hours.... roads are just to bad for a trip like that, but I appreciate it! I have searched all the for sale sites and papers with nothing.

I'm 75 miles due south of you (Greenbrier County) - If you'd like one of mine to keep her company, you may have one. PM me if you'd like to make arrangements.

my chick is really trying to get out but looks stuck the membrane isn't white is is brownish she is making progress though

Just a quick note to say that @ronott1 did a FANTASTIC job with this NYD hatch-a-long, and shout out a huge "THANK YOU!" for all the effort he put into making this happen and keeping things running smoothly!!!

bow.gif

thumbsup.gif
@Nifty-Chicken
It was a great Hatch a long! We did very well, many of us dealing with cold weather, incubator problems and shipped eggs.

There were refrigerated and Store eggs hatched too!

sign0092.gif
Thanks for Sponsoring the Hatch a Long for us!

Back
Top Bottom