5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Final count 5 marans and 3 Trader Joes Leghorns! Pictures later today!
pop.gif

For #1: I use the clear plastic tubing from pet fish department at Walmart. The one of those tips from a pastry bag as the funnel. Fits right in the tubing.

All sounds great, except for the dirty egg one! I love a dirty egg...I told my DH, that I swear, every time I get an egg that is dirty, it is one of the first to hatch! For reals! Just scrape some of the dirt..or poo off..not sure how you may want to do that..lol...but, not too hard to scratch the shell. Get the big lumps off if there are any and put that egg in! :))

All sounds great, except for the dirty egg one! I love a dirty egg...I told my DH, that I swear, every time I get an egg that is dirty, it is one of the first to hatch! For reals! Just scrape some of the dirt..or poo off..not sure how you may want to do that..lol...but, not too hard to scratch the shell. Get the big lumps off if there are any and put that egg in! :))

THE DIRTY EGG IS THE FIRST TO HATCH!

Hi I'm just wondering if there is any ways to get my hens to start laying again as they stopped for the winter and I would like to know how to help them start again thanks :)!

Hi I'm just wondering if there is any ways to get my hens to start laying again as they stopped for the winter and I would like to know how to help them start again thanks
smile.png
!

Lighting is usually the biggest help. And, a nice addage of corn to keep them warm. Corn in the winter is a great thing. I also buy spinach for my girls, but not sure how large your flock is. That could get expensive. I had three new layers start so far this winter. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom