5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the Barred Hollands...I know they are sex linked, so the boys should be more white barred, and the girls more black barred...but they aren't looking that cut and dry yet. The suspense is killing me!

You need to wait until they are older to see the difference--The Barring colors show up with the new feathers.

Not good sexlink because it is not reliable for chicks. I practice patience to see what I get.

Do you have older Barred Hollands? If so, do you like them?

Quote:
I don't have any older ones, I got these from Msladyhawke. I wanted a white egg layer without the flightiness of a leghorn, so these seemed to fit the bill for me.
I swear I am watching every feather that grows in...but all of the combs are coming in at different degrees. Some that are getting bigger are on the darker feathering birds, and some of the lighter ones have no comb growth at all....it's a crapshoot.

I don't have any older ones, I got these from Msladyhawke. I wanted a white egg layer without the flightiness of a leghorn, so these seemed to fit the bill for me.
I swear I am watching every feather that grows in...but all of the combs are coming in at different degrees. Some that are getting bigger are on the darker feathering birds, and some of the lighter ones have no comb growth at all....it's a crapshoot.

Do you have pictures yet?

I am also looking for a white egg layer.

You need to wait until they are older to see the difference--The Barring colors show up with the new feathers.

Not good sexlink because it is not reliable for chicks. I practice patience to see what I get.

Do you have older Barred Hollands? If so, do you like them?
LOL, Told you! In another week or two you will be able to tell, promise. The boys will be an obviously lighter color and the girls darker.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom