5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

OMGosh they are ridiculously cute!! I miss my Silkies as babies! That Marans is huge. Did yours hatch with everyone elses on NYD?

There is 1 Marans and 2 OE and yes they hatched New Years Day and they are so huge compared to the Silkies. Unfortunately I think both my OEs are boys, the Marans Im almost positive its a pullet.

A couple of my chicks- they are getting so big!

SFH x RSL

Maybe pure SFH?

Silkie

Showgirl

EE? His/Her wings have a beautiful lavender tint to them.

Here is what I have left of my NYD babies. Sold all the others except for the four I lost.

Left to right EE ( out of a crested hen), EE, Blue Copper Marans and another EE.

Two NN crosses that did not get the naked neck from daddy.

Two NN's. The first one could be a crossbred that got the NN, he has a peacomb. The brown one is full Naked Neck.

This

Dh And I And Our Next Door Neighbor Made This Brooder...8X8x4 Feet. It Is Actually 6 Inches Higher Now That We Have Casters On It! I Sit In There And Hand Feed Worms To My Babies Who Are 3 Weeks Old This Weekend! I Will Add Some Photos...

This
Dh And I And Our Next Door Neighbor Made This Brooder...8X8x4 Feet. It Is Actually 6 Inches Higher Now That We Have Casters On It! I Sit In There And Hand Feed Worms To My Babies Who Are 3 Weeks Old This Weekend! I Will Add Some Photos...

I like it!

Outside With Their Moms For The First Time Today!
My White SBELs..Verified With DMRippy The Difference Btwn My Roos & Pullets!
...And Their Roost That I Made... My 13Yo Calls It The Elvish Pixie Ladder Lol!T

Looking forward to The Easter Hatch-A-long! I just reserved my eggs....Super Blue Egg Layers & (hopefully if she gets another breeding pen set up) Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks from DMRippy...I love silver penciled anything! It won't be long now....Easter will be here before you know it. If you have a specific breed in mind for the Hatch-A-Long, I'd start thinking about reserving them soon. Others do, and the closer it gets to the set date the harder it is to get those eggs for that particular week. I learned the hard way last year. A lot of breeders kept telling me they were sold out but could ship the week before or after set week.

Ohhhhhh, I hatched some of hers for this NYE hatch. We had a 62% hatch rate...likely because she packs those eggs so well!
love.gif
My own mixes didn't even do that well...50%. She is so helpful answering questions, too!

We hatched 8/12 SBEL and 5/9 Marans (4 black, 1 blue). They are 3 weeks old and the roos have grown big, plump pink combs since week 2! Of the SBEL, we got 4 yellow chickies and 4 black that are now barring with white. The yellows will be cream colored like in her photos with little black specks here and there, and they came from the tiny white eggs she sent while the black ones came from the larger brown eggs.

Originally I wanted to do banties for the Easter hatch, but now I think I might do Rhodebars instead...some of hers plus some of my own. Thanks for the heads up about reserving...but that means I have to make up my mind NOW!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom