5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Milkshake (roo) Silkie x Japanese Bantam

Bemmie (hen) porcelain silkie?

Tokyo (hen) Japanese bantam

I tell ya, all these babies have grown up SOOOOO fast! how are all of yours doing? so many people have been telling me I DONT have a Japanese bantam...its legs are too long its back is too long. well, its sitting...and this is what my other jap looked as a baby. OH WELL. Life does go on.

~Bantambury

I WANT BEMMIE!!!!!
love.gif

I could just as easily be known as "Dreamer"!

I have a dream! I dream that my little chickens will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their feathers, but by the strength of their chalazae. I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the owners of former hatchery birds and the owners of heritage birds will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood. I dream of a world where a hen can cross the road, and not have her motives questioned.
gig.gif
*choking on a chip*...motives questioned...
lau.gif

Oh, they are adorable!!!! Did you mention what they are? I forget.

They are buff and partridge silkies. I have one buff orp, meal maker from Meyer Hatchery. =)
that's awesome! how is hawke's foot doing as well?
Her toes are still curled, I can't splint it anymore, it hurts her. So she has a gimp foot she can still out run me! LOL

Her toes are still curled, I can't splint it anymore, it hurts her. So she has a gimp foot she can still out run me! LOL
hahahah! my silkie Squidgy still has its curled toe and he steps on it.....it may hurt him but he cant relly tell me....LOL
sadly he is a rooster.....for some reason, even if he IS my sizzle roo, I just have a problem with white silki roos.....my silkie roo is too weird....although he is a mix, the largeness and boniness of silkie roos just creeps me out. (unless I have purebred show roos then im fine with it.) so I will sell squidgy this summer to a local BYCer when I find that locak BYCer....LOL

I WANT BEMMIE!!!!!
love.gif
hugs.gif
I love her so much! in the beginning she was my least fav...coming out of the egg I realized she had a crossbeak. I didn't want the responsibility and the breeding duifficulties so once she was older I was hoing to give her back to my breeder...after a few days it went away! I was estatic! once I found she was a female along with timothy, I felt the need to keep them both! now timothy, bemmie, and leven are my favorites!
(bemmie) (timothy) (leven)
bemmie and timothy are hens....I just loved the name timothy too much than to not name my favorite chick that! leven hatched at 4:11, the chick behind him hatched at 4:12. I wanted to name the other chick telve....but IDK. LOL

Breeds;
bemmie- idk! someone HELP! LOL (excellent middle toe feathering too!)
timothy- partridge sizzle! I love her! (no middle toe feathering sadly.)
Leven- OE cross cross x Japanese bantam

Last edited:
hahahah! my silkie Squidgy still has its curled toe and he steps on it.....it may hurt him but he cant relly tell me....LOL
sadly he is a rooster.....for some reason, even if he IS my sizzle roo, I just have a problem with white silki roos.....my silkie roo is too weird....although he is a mix, the largeness and boniness of silkie roos just creeps me out. (unless I have purebred show roos then im fine with it.) so I will sell squidgy this summer to a local BYCer when I find that locak BYCer....LOL

hugs.gif
I love her so much! in the beginning she was my least fav...coming out of the egg I realized she had a crossbeak. I didn't want the responsibility and the breeding duifficulties so once she was older I was hoing to give her back to my breeder...after a few days it went away! I was estatic! once I found she was a female along with timothy, I felt the need to keep them both! now timothy, bemmie, and leven are my favorites!
(bemmie) (timothy) (leven)
bemmie and timothy are hens....I just loved the name timothy too much than to not name my favorite chick that! leven hatched at 4:11, the chick behind him hatched at 4:12. I wanted to name the other chick telve....but IDK. LOL

Breeds;
bemmie- idk! someone HELP! LOL (excellent middle toe feathering too!)
timothy- partridge sizzle! I love her! (no middle toe feathering sadly.)
Leven- OE cross cross x Japanese bantam

How are you so sure of gender at just 2 1/2 weeks old?

How are you so sure of gender at just 2 1/2 weeks old?
well, believe it or not, leven squeeked out a crow at his 2 week mark, which was rather pathetic.

my silkie squidgy is the tallest and is already developing his comb, 2 times bigger than the others....that picture of him was at his 2 week mark. my 2 hens are always low to the ground, small shanks and have no comb. all my silkies I have ever sexed had turned out the breed I had thought, so im pretty sure I may be nail on...

Okay, here's Chip at almost 3 weeks old. He's VERY hard to take pictures of. He's a busybody.

And this is his hatchling pic.

Last edited:
I Am Really Sad...One Of My BCM Who Is 3Weeks Today Is Lethargic. Wont Eat Or DrinK, Falls Over Sideways, And Doesn't Pull Her Wings In When I Spread Them. Just Poor Muscle Tone.Do Need To cull Her Or Wait Til The A.m.? *Sad face*

Edited To Add...The Other 18 Are Quite Vigorous.

Last edited:
I Am Really Sad...One Of My BCM Who Is 3Weeks Today Is Lethargic. Wont Eat Or DrinK, Falls Over Sideways, And Doesn't Pull Her Wings In When I Spread Them. Just Poor Muscle Tone.Do Need To cull Her Or Wait Til The A.m.? *Sad face*

Edited To Add...The Other 18 Are Quite Vigorous.

Is the chick smaller than the others?

Back
Top Bottom