5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

My chickens have been sharing from the goats heated bucket. The bucket only keeps the water from freezing, it doesn't keep it warm, so I still bring down warm water cuz my goats don't like the cold water so they get warm water until it freezes. But they always have the cold water in the buckets in case!

My chickens have been sharing from the goats heated bucket. The bucket only keeps the water from freezing, it doesn't keep it warm, so I still bring down warm water cuz my goats don't like the cold water so they get warm water until it freezes. But they always have the cold water in the buckets in case!

All of our critters get warm water every morning this time of year. We check mid day & evening to make sure it hasn't frozen over. Otherwise, it's only warm briefly in the morning.

Good morning everyone, just thought I would tell everyone something I do to keep my hands warm when I am out messing with my birds. I put on a pair of nitrile rubber gloves . If it's really cold I have on a pair under my regular work glove( I use under armor ). It helps me anyways
smile.png

I found that out too. Did it the first time because I had a cut on my hand and was out of bandaids. Really helps when you have to deal with water and you inevitably (at least me
gig.gif
) get your hands wet.

@ronott1
How are your penedesenca's doing? haven't seen you post a picture of them in a while.
smile.png
They are doing great!

It is time for their next picture too. I will get some tonight when I clean out their Brooder. I moved them into a bigger one last week--one with a roost for them!

Back
Top Bottom