5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I have been known to bake bread. I buy in bulk so I could make bread as long as there was an oven.

(Note: I started baking 7 loaves of bread a weak when I was 12). We did not buy bread growing up).
Self sufficient from a young age.

That is sad!

I baked a Lemon Meringue pie and a cheese cake yesterday.

I would be lost without my oven!

You're a renaissance man.

thumbsup.gif
Cheese cake is so good!

The one I make has Oreo cookies for the crust!

Yum, the one my husband makes does too! Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake.
droolin.gif

The neighbor plowed but the hill is still an issue for our rear wheel drive car.

My stove is still in storage almost 2 hrs away

That is sad!

I baked a Lemon Meringue pie and a cheese cake yesterday.

I would be lost without my oven!

I am!!! But I make do. I have a microwave, crock pot, mini crock, electric skillet, George Foreman grill, & a 2 burner hot plate. I even managed to make apple friters for breakfast the other day. As far as cheesecake goes, I have a no-bake recipe that we just love. Had that last week. Chicken quesedillas made from my home grown bird were lunch the other day. Sausage & cheese sopapillas were supper a couple nights ago. You would be amazed what all I can cook even without my oven. I still wish it was here though. My son's birthday is this week & gonna hafta settle for a store cake instead of a homemade one with yummy cheesecake icing.

I think you need to add an electric griddle - I love mine!
Also add a convection toaster oven--some are large enough for a 9x13 pan and can cool square cakes that large.

I have an oster and use pans that do not have handles to fit a 9x13" pan in it. It is great to use in the summer when it is 110 outside here.

I just need to get my camper sold so I have money for the u-haul. Then I need weather to cooperate so I can get the truck up the driveway. At this rate it will be summer before any of my stuff makes it here from storage.

I just need to get my camper sold so I have money for the u-haul. Then I need weather to cooperate so I can get the truck up the driveway. At this rate it will be summer before any of my stuff makes it here from storage.

:he  What a terrible Winter!

If anyone wants to volunteer, it will take 4wd to get up my driveway right now with a truck. My car hasn't moved in over a week because even if it makes it down the 1/4 mile long drive, it will never make it back up.

If anyone wants to volunteer, it will take 4wd to get up my driveway right now with a truck. My car hasn't moved in over a week because even if it makes it down the 1/4 mile long drive, it will never make it back up.

Oh man silkie..you don't have all of your stuff in your home yet? Isn't the weather supposed to ease up in a few days out there?
fl.gif

Oh man silkie..you don't have all of your stuff in your home yet?   Isn't the weather supposed to ease up in a few days out there?  :fl

Even if it does it still leaves the issue of paying for the u-haul.

Back
Top Bottom