5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Is there anyone from the NYE hatch that is also doing the Easter hatch-a-long?

I am setting some eggs in the bator Friday so I can get the chicks for my neighbor grown up and out of the brooder before we start our Easter Rhodebars.
yippiechickie.gif

I am planning on it. I just hatched some Rhodebars. Got 8 babies.

Is there anyone from the NYE hatch that is also doing the Easter hatch-a-long?

I am setting some eggs in the bator Friday so I can get the chicks for my neighbor grown up and out of the brooder before we start our Easter Rhodebars. :yiipchick

I am planning on it.  I just hatched some Rhodebars.  Got 8 babies. 

I had Rhodebars in for the NYD hatch, sadly...none hatched. Boo. Although I've got some Porcelain D'Uccles in there now that seem to be developing nicely.:celebrate

I guess the Easter Hatch is right around the corner.

I'm planning on it. I had hoped to have a second clutch in there by now but father winter isn't cooperating. Zero at night isn't conducive to chicks in an unheated building. This is the most and longest I've had chicks inside. I keep having to enlarge their space and having 3 groups is very labor intensive. It has caused me to clean up the cellar and throw things away. Not a bad thing.
I still have to process 2 roosters to make room outside and I don't process below freezing. The current chicks are past ready to go outside (they're chomping at the bit) but I'd like outside temps to stay in the teens or above.
7 of the next 10 nights are supposed to be in the teens at night. Tough call but I think I can keep them warm enough outside once I get the roosters out of there.
I'm still hoping to get a hatch in before the Easter hatch.

My silkie chick with suspected wry neck passed away this morning. =( Just 48 hours after she started showing signs. A little sad, but glad she isn't suffering anymore. Started putting vitamins in the water in the brooder agian, and watching everyone else VERY closely in case it was something else.

Back
Top Bottom