5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Lol yeah they did it yesterday when the sun came into the shed when I opened the door but.this morning there wasnt as much sun so no crowing. My parents (who grew up in boston and philly) are going to be getting their first farm fresh.dinner in a few months :)

One of mine started a quite pathetic crow this last week, but I haven't heard it for a few days. It's really cute...I say that now but not sure what will happen when 8+ of them are doing it. (freezer camp song...).

One of mine has been crowing since it was a couple of weeks old!

He is getting to be quite good at it now.

Just a quick.question for everyone with chicks the same age, there are a lot of feathers on the ground in my chicks coop, is that their baby feathers coming out or should I be concerned?
No chicks have bald spots

Just a quick.question for everyone with chicks the same age, there are a lot of feathers on the ground in my chicks coop, is that their baby feathers coming out or should I be concerned?
No chicks have bald spots
Some breeds go through several molts before they are mature. This one is going to be the dinosaur molt for some. They look very ugly then. The last one is the Juvenile molt.

A lot of Breeds will not look right until the Juvenile molt.

Back
Top Bottom