5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I think they will be fine. Its worse to bring them out then in then out they need to get used to it. just add lots of shavings maybe even some hay to snuggle down in. How many chicks do you have?

I really need to get my chicks outside too. I have 10 downstairs and they are getting a little crowded.
5 chicks from this hatch, and 2 Tolbunt Polish that are 4 months old. So there are 7 total to snuggle with each other.

5 chicks from this hatch, and 2 Tolbunt Polish that are 4 months old. So there are 7 total to snuggle with each other.

Hmmm that sounds like enough for warmth.

I say this but if they were my chicks outside id probably be asking too lol. I really do think they would be fine but is your uncomfortable you can always bring them in.

I have 6 eggs in the incubator(all due different dates) and they are all from my backyard flock,a silkie egg was due yesterday and still hasn't started pipping out. And I candled it from day 3 and it has been growing and growing and it's all black inside you can't see anything now except the little air pocket at the bottom. And like I said I candled it all the way through and seen it get bigger but I'm wandering if I should hurry and crack/peel the egg open to help it out????? I need help A.S.A.P. thanks in advance!!!
fl.gif

If its only a day late I would just leave it and wait. Can you hear peeps? They can go over the 21 days, lots of people in.the hatch a long had late hatchers.
You may be able to candle and see an internal pip but.it might be better to walk away from.the.incubator lol

If its only a day late I would just leave it and wait. Can you hear peeps? They can go over the 21 days, lots of people in.the hatch a long had late hatchers.
You may be able to candle and see an internal pip but.it might be better to walk away from.the.incubator lol
Thanks someone else told me to tab the egg with my nail and cluck to it and hear if I hear a peep

I have 6 eggs in the incubator(all due different dates) and they are all from my backyard flock,a silkie egg was due yesterday and still hasn't started pipping out. And I candled it from day 3 and it has been growing and growing and it's all black inside you can't see anything now except the little air pocket at the bottom. And like I said I candled it all the way through and seen it get bigger but I'm wandering if I should hurry and crack/peel the egg open to help it out????? I need help A.S.A.P. thanks in advance!!!
fl.gif

I would definitely leave it be for now, don't open it up. I hatched silkie eggs 2 months back and the eggs hatched on days 22, and 23. Don't rush it.

I would definitely leave it be for now, don't open it up. I hatched silkie eggs 2 months back and the eggs hatched on days 22, and 23. Don't rush it.
Ok thank you I got it out and tapped it with my nail and was clucking to it but didn't hear anything. And I candled it real quick and only seen the air pocket the rest was black but I'll definitely leave it for a few more days

So, my new year coop is almost finished! im so excited! my dad is working on the outside right now....small details and such, shingles, paint, etc. im working on homework......joy. so, once im don't which is soon, im working on the interior, nest boxes, roosts, etc. ill post a pic when its all finished....or close to being finished....

Back
Top Bottom