5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

@bantambury
Can't wait to hatch with you again! :)

I'm super excited rooster! I'm keeping active on the Easter thread, but I may not be able to hatch. we are going out of town to the beach for 3 days, 2 weeks after the Easter hatch. if I have a girl go broody on me BONUS! I'm just going to use her if any go broody. That way she can take care of them for me! I don't want the chicks in our garage for so long like our NYD chicks are STILL! its been cold here, freezing rain and such. they haven't had their heater for 4ish weeks now so they are used to coldish weather in the garage. My coop is still not done, and the boys are crowing like crazy now!

What are you hatching for Easter? if I do end up hatching and a girl goes broody I will try Cochins, Americuanas, BAs (I miss my old girls), or White Leghorns....maybe a Silver Seabright or two...I LOVE that breed!

I'm super excited rooster! I'm keeping active on the Easter thread, but I may not be able to hatch. we are going out of town to the beach for 3 days, 2 weeks after the Easter hatch. if I have a girl go broody on me BONUS! I'm just going to use her if any go broody. That way she can take care of them for me! I don't want the chicks in our garage for so long like our NYD chicks are STILL! its been cold here, freezing rain and such. they haven't had their heater for 4ish weeks now so they are used to coldish weather in the garage. My coop is still not done, and the boys are crowing like crazy now!

What are you hatching for Easter? if I do end up hatching and a girl goes broody I will try Cochins, Americuanas, BAs (I miss my old girls), or White Leghorns....maybe a Silver Seabright or two...I LOVE that breed!

I will be hatching some Bantam Welsummers, some OE, either Huastec or Breda depending on my money flow at the time. I am wanting to get some Barnaucana eggs from Chickensmart and if Donna hasn't sold all her Crested SBELs some of them. Oh and maybe some Cortunix quail. And I have a couple of swaps that are shipping for that time. I'll have to check my list to see what they are.

Last edited:
My NYD Babies are 8.5 weeks old:

Pullet:

The Boys look like:

Ron, the second one looks like some Jaerhon cockerels I had. What is he?

Here's one of my Jaers at about 8 weeks. I love them, they ignore the snow, are immune to cold and do great in heat too.
The only thing is, they don't respect fences like the Penes do.

Last edited:
Ron, the second one looks like some Jaerhon cockerels I had. What is he?

LL

Here's one of my Jaers at about 8 weeks. I love them, they ignore the snow, are immune to cold and do great in heat too.
The only thing is, they don't respect fences like the Penes do.
He is an Amelia(Cream Legbar X Crele Pendesenca) Crossed back to Crele Penedesenca. They are at least auto sexing. They are a bit calmer than the Penedesencas but they are still very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom