5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I have a silkie egg in the incubator and it was due Sunday so it's been in there 2 days past with no pipping yet. Can I brake it out???
thumbsup.gif
Be careful though--sometimes there is a live one in the late egg.

We cracked the shell and the membrane was brown so we new it wasn't alive and we got it out all the way and it looked like it didn't get all the yolk maybe. I don't know I keep having this problem even with my last hatch,but I read the incubator paper over ad I'm supposed to leave one of the plastic red plugs in the top hole until 3 days before hatch and I gotta make sure it's on 99.5 the whole time so I'm making adjustments. And I have 4 eggs left(due at different times) But one is due Saturday so I'm hoping it will hatch
fl.gif

We cracked the shell and the membrane was brown so we new it wasn't alive and we got it out all the way and it looked like it didn't get all the yolk maybe. I don't know I keep having this problem even with my last hatch,but I read the incubator paper over ad I'm supposed to leave one of the plastic red plugs in the top hole until 3 days before hatch and I gotta make sure it's on 99.5 the whole time so I'm making adjustments. And I have 4 eggs left(due at different times) But one is due Saturday so I'm hoping it will hatch
fl.gif
Are you at a high elevation?

We cracked the shell and the membrane was brown so we new it wasn't alive and we got it out all the way and it looked like it didn't get all the yolk maybe. I don't know I keep having this problem even with my last hatch,but I read the incubator paper over ad I'm supposed to leave one of the plastic red plugs in the top hole until 3 days before hatch and I gotta make sure it's on 99.5 the whole time so I'm making adjustments. And I have 4 eggs left(due at different times) But one is due Saturday so I'm hoping it will hatch:fl  

Are you at a high elevation?

Nope, he's in Ohio. He needs to take the plugs out & lose them.

I picked up bator #4 last week & the first thing I did before even plugging it in was pull the red plugs out & toss them in the trash.

x2! the only time I used the plugs for the NYD hatch was to keep too much humidity going out when I would open the lid. I couldn't stress enough to take them out after a few minutes when the humidity went up.

Back
Top Bottom