5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

The New years chicks from my own Americana crosses eggs! crossed with my Japanese bantam roo, this is what we have:

the hens have the daddy roosters coloring,

the roosters have the mama hens coloring!

@ronott1 im so pleased with them! remember when I asked you about crossing them? im so happy! the roisters are getting big tails and sickles like their daddy!

The New years chicks from my own Americana crosses eggs! crossed with my Japanese bantam roo, this is what we have:

the hens have the daddy roosters coloring,

the roosters have the mama hens coloring!

@ronott1 im so pleased with them! remember when I asked you about crossing them? im so happy! the roisters are getting big tails and sickles like their daddy!
They look Great!

So im pretty sure I ended up with 6 roosters and 2 hens... so.then I.have 6 hens and 6 roos so I had to find a home for 5 of them. I.found someone local that has 30 hens that wants roos and has a farm.where they can.free range. Will the other chicksbe sad when i take away the five roos? Should I approve the farm before I let them go? This is my first time rehoming chickens

So im pretty sure I ended up with 6 roosters and 2 hens... so.then I.have 6 hens and 6 roos so I had to find a home for 5 of them. I.found someone local that has 30 hens that wants roos and has a farm.where they can.free range. Will the other chicksbe sad when i take away the five roos? Should I approve the farm before I let them go? This is my first time rehoming chickens
No, the pullets will be relieved!

Too many boys and the girls will be picked on.

They look Great!

thanks! and is that your crele boy in your avatar!?!?!?! hes so big! I forgot how big standard size chickens are until you have bantam birds!
gig.gif

I collected eggs from my flock and kept them in my room till I got 2 dozen,there is bantam mix eggs and easter egger mixed with my laying hens(black sexlink,whiterock,gold comet etc.) I can't wait till 21 days and I finally wait and collect them so they are due around the same time

Back
Top Bottom