5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Ron...How are your U of A blues coming along. I would still be interested in some. Please keep in formed. I can be reached here https://www.facebook.com/groups/AlaskaFlockTalkSwap/. If your interested in joining the group,we would love to have you.

I have them in a breeding pen at an Egg Farm. I am able to get a dozen hatching eggs every couple of weeks. I sent a test package yesterday and will be posting packing pictures on the Great Egg Shipping thread this morning. The person I sent them to will post pictures of then box and the later how they hatched.

The eggs have been very fertile and have hatched very well. I have another 30 plus hatching next weekend.

Last edited:
Did I forget to post pictures of them here?

This is a Splash UofA

This is an OE! UofA x Crele Penedesenca

This is a group shot. UofA blues are Blue, Black and Splash. The others are UofA x Crele Penedesenca OEs

Did I forget to post pictures of them here?

This is a Splash UofA

This is an OE! UofA x Crele Penedesenca

This is a group shot. UofA blues are Blue, Black and Splash. The others are UofA x Crele Penedesenca OEs

Well keep in formed on when you have some available. Not sure if anyone has them in Alaska. I would love to have some. Considering I grew up in southwest Arkansas. It would be nice to own a few. It would be a great test on shipping also. Thank you for taking the time to get back with me and posting pics....Peace

Updates:
My 11 weekers were mating today!
ep.gif
Was not expecting to see that until they were laying! But now I know I have a cockerel RIRxEE. Still not sure about the other two.

Out of our 19 we hatched, we lost a BCM pullet at 3 weeks to infection, BCM and SBEL pullets a week ago to either cat or rat, and a SBEL cockerel to the same a few days later. Then we had one with both a leg injury (likely from whatever attacked the others) and wry neck, which I fixed with vitamins...and he was in the brooder with the brand new chickies that I hatched for my neighbor. They all bonded quite nicely and the twenty-one 3-week-olds would sleep under/over/around him so my neighbor took him as well!
hugs.gif
I know he will be well cared for by her until he is either healed or processed.
love.gif

So I have 14 of the original 19. Which can only mean one thing. Yep! I am going to set 34 for the Easter hatch instead of 24!
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
woot.gif

These are the three birds I kept! The black is a roo and the other two are hens. This picture was taken the first day in their new coop with the other girls. I have been putting them in the coop during the day and in the shed at night until the temps are better and they get along better with the big girls.

They are very nice looking!

I wonder where Leven got his light pink legs from?
that's what I wonder as well. half of the birds hatched from his eggs he came from had pinkish legs and the other half had orange-yellow. the dad is a Japanese bantam and the mom is an ameraucana cross, who had one green toe and light yellow tan legs.
daddy

yellow legs from batch

light legs from batch

mama

These are the three birds I kept! The black is a roo and the other two are hens. This picture was taken the first day in their new coop with the other girls. I have been putting them in the coop during the day and in the shed at night until the temps are better and they get along better with the big girls.
they are very nice!

that's what I wonder as well. half of the birds hatched from his eggs he came from had pinkish legs and the other half had orange-yellow. the dad is a Japanese bantam and the mom is an ameraucana cross, who had one green toe and light yellow tan legs.
daddy

yellow legs from batch

light legs from batch

mama
cute!

Back
Top Bottom