5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

Okay I'll share some. Most don't have names yet. :oops:

I just love that little blue mottled girl! what is she?

The one in front on the top pick? I believe she is a mix - pure lavender Americana daddy and EE mom if I remember correctly. She came from a gorgeous blue egg, so I'm excited to see what she lays. I believe this is a sibling, but I could be wrong.

The one in front on the top pick? I believe she is a mix - pure lavender Americana daddy and EE mom if I remember correctly. She came from a gorgeous blue egg, so I'm excited to see what she lays. I believe this is a sibling, but I could be wrong.

the bottom bird in the pic... we talking about the same bird? anyway, the birds are beautiful!

I want to see everyone's birds now! my babies all look so big now!!!

Milkshake!

Leven and Timothy!

Leven!

I just got to say this Bantambury, If you don't pursue photography at least as a serious hobby (i.e. make some money at it) you will be throwing away an amazing talent. You are especially good at photographing animals. You should see if you can interest people in the 4H programs to have their chickens and other stock photographed by you. Your pictures stand up to professional levels and I say that as a person with a BS in Graphic Design. Even in your casual shots you are aware of how the backgrounds are working to compose you pictures.

that's what I wonder as well. half of the birds hatched from his eggs he came from had pinkish legs and the other half had orange-yellow. the dad is a Japanese bantam and the mom is an ameraucana cross, who had one green toe and light yellow tan legs.
daddy

yellow legs from batch

light legs from batch

mama
If I am remembering right, willow colored legs are acceptable in Auracanas. The Ameraucanas try to breed that color out but it crops up every now and then despite their efforts. Your light colored legs look greenish to me.

My chickies are spending their first night in the coop instead of in the shed with the heat lamp! I have been moving them into the shed at dusk but tonight they went right into the coop with the big girls so i decided to let them stay! I just hope they dont get killed by the.older girls if I dont open the door early enough... the chicks didnt go up onto the roost so they must be respecting the older ones and I hope they have established the pecking order already during the days together

My chickies are spending their first night in the coop instead of in the shed with the heat lamp! I have been moving them into the shed at dusk but tonight they went right into the coop with the big girls so i decided to let them stay! I just hope they dont get killed by the.older girls if I dont open the door early enough... the chicks didnt go up onto the roost so they must be respecting the older ones and I hope they have established the pecking order already during the days together

We just integrated ours also. I was worried about the same thing, so I got up really early to let them out. Funny thing was, even though it was barely getting light, all of them were standing at the door to the coop already! The minis just stayed back and let the bigs and littles be first. We have three age groups in there. The bigs won't let the little or minis on the roost. They just started letting the littles - who slept in the corner on the ground- sleep on top of a dog cage I have in there. Now the minis have the corner.

They work things out. Hope all goes well with yours also.

Back
Top Bottom