5th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long

I know not many are coming to thread anymore, but here a picture of one of my NYD hatch chicks. This is gonna be a keeper I think. All signs are pointing at a pullet.

Her dad was my Salmon Naked Neck and her mother is a crossbreed ( Old English Game Bantam crossed with some kind of large fowl), birchen colored hen. Her mother lays small bantam sized eggs, but is larger than a bantam fowl. I suspect tha this pullet will not get much bigger than mom.

This pullet had a weird com though (didn't think to get pictures) it looks like it is almost a V comb but it's not really a V, just looks like it was pushed down. Maybe I'll try to get pictures today of it.

I'm guessing that this is birchen.

I know not many are coming to thread anymore, but here a picture of one of my NYD hatch chicks. This is gonna be a keeper I think. All signs are pointing at a pullet.

Her dad was my Salmon Naked Neck and her mother is a crossbreed ( Old English Game Bantam crossed with some kind of large fowl), birchen colored hen. Her mother lays small bantam sized eggs, but is larger than a bantam fowl. I suspect tha this pullet will not get much bigger than mom.

This pullet had a weird com though (didn't think to get pictures) it looks like it is almost a V comb but it's not really a V, just looks like it was pushed down. Maybe I'll try to get pictures today of it.

This is cool looking bird!

That is an awesome looking pullet!

I bet you cannot wait for eggs from her.

I let them take their time, but do get impatient for that first egg.
At 13 weeks and 3 days, I still have a little wait ahead of me on that. Most of my birds just about all breeds are 26 to 28 weeks before they start laying.
Thanks for the compliment.

Back
Top Bottom