7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

My temp spiked to 104*. I won't admit how, but I will say that I am not worried. It was only a few hours (probably three. Maybe four) and as one article said, "ducks are easy to hatch as they are more forgiving of temperature variations ".
see my resent post in my house
wink.png

x4

From a timing perspective, things weren't working out for me to set on the 11th. I had to go with some shipped eggs and if I waited that long they would be 9 days old so I decided to set them last night. I was also being impatient. :) I ended up setting 9 RIR I ordered from ebay and 13 of my own eggs which are White Rock/Red Ranger X (interesting to see what that will yield) and White Rock/Dark Cornish X. The BCM I ordered weren't going to make it in time so I had them delay the order until the new year.

Have 18 eggs saved so far for the NYDH. I think i need my head examined. Why do i want to do this when i know i will end up brooding in the laundry room ? I've heard of chicken math and i think it's got a lot in common with chicken sense. LOL. My hatch will be all BYM. OE's, EE's, BCM mix, australorp, D'Uccle mix.
Every hatch I've done since the weather has turned cold has supposed to of been my last til spring but here I am hatching again.
Christmas chicks yaay. I wondered if I would see any photos of some this year. This is good news. :)
I'm gonna have a Christmas eve hatch

Sorry to hear all the folks praying for rain- besides chicks ducks and other critters, we've got 6 Newfies and we hope it doesn't rain here for a long, long time (snow and freezing is GREEEAAAAT!!!)- makes for lots of muddy paws...........and messy floors...

Sorry to hear all the folks praying for rain- besides chicks ducks and other critters, we've got 6 Newfies and we hope it doesn't rain here for a long, long time (snow and freezing is GREEEAAAAT!!!)- makes for lots of muddy paws...........and messy floors...

Wow 6 Newfies... I couldn't imagine. I pray for no rain for you, I totally get the muddy floors and I only have 2 dogs.

I live in the land of sun and rain--and forest fires...

Back
Top Bottom