7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I'm going to have to bow out for this years hatch. Things just aren't working out and I don't have the time right now to take the proper care if baby chicks. I'll still to watching everybody else though. HAPPY HATCHING!
You don't love us?! You must hatch! Lives depend on it!
Omg! I know exactly how you feel because I'm thinking the same thing! Mine will be in my laundry room too! :gig I have 18 on right now (as of 3am this morning) for the December hatch-a-long and I've got 12 so far for this hatch-a-long! :oops: :celebrate OH THE INSANITY!!:celebrate I was waiting for the egg of one of the young pullets who just started to lay and she was SO upset with me. (Look at her poised to peck me..lol!) I wanted to know what egg she was leaving for this thread's hatch so I could band her leg and keep track. All she left me was....the golf ball! (Seriously) :confused: They need to ALL do that. It's their fault for enabling me in my addiction!! :love (That's my story and I'm stick'n to it.) It's a conspiracy. I bet your hens are in on it too! :cd It's their evil plan to take over the world...get us all addicted to do the dirty work for them.:jumpy (I think I'm overtired from my 3am egg setting) :gig
LMBO ! I think you're right ! I also think BYC was started by a Master chicken. When i first started with chickens i was just searching for info on egg laying, coop ideas, etc. I stumbled on "all things chicken" here at BYC and lo and behold i'm reading about baby chicks and incubating and all those cute pics ! I think it's mass hypnosis, ~~you will make or buy an incubator and hatch yourself some fuzz butts and you will remember none of this when u awake~~yep, Master Chicken. :bow :cd
I agree!!

My temp spiked to 104*. I won't admit how, but I will say that I am not worried. It was only a few hours (probably three. Maybe four) and as one article said, "ducks are easy to hatch as they are more forgiving of temperature variations ".

I'm in!!!

I'm a beginner so it is golden comets x SPCA adopted purported leghorn rooster (Foghorn). this summer hens from this match laid tons of super nice medium brown eggs.

12 each in 2 LG's, one still air, one circulated.

FUN!!!!!!

I'm in!!!

I'm a beginner so it is golden comets x SPCA adopted purported leghorn rooster (Foghorn). this summer hens from this match laid tons of super nice medium brown eggs.

12 each in 2 LG's, one still air, one circulated.

FUN!!!!!!

Welcome to BYC! And, welcome to the insanity of chickens and hatching!

What great discussions we have had on this thread!

Keep up the good work.

El Nino(little boy) is coming to visit Woodland this week. Hopefully the little boy will be a nice guest and give us much needed water and not cause flooding and mud slides.....

We are supposed to have much wetter weather in December to March with this weather pattern.

Last edited:
What great discussions we have had on this thread!

Keep up the good work.

El Nino(little boy) is coming to visit Woodland this week. Hopefully the little boy will be a nice guest and give us much needed water and not cause flooding and mud slides.....

We are supposed to have much wetter weather in December to March with this weather pattern.

Yeay! Rain!
celebrate.gif

When you we want to have the first random post contest?

For the prize, should it be a BYC calendar or Golden Feather membership?

Back
Top Bottom