7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

barnie.gif
he.gif
Well, both my EcoGlows are toast.
hit.gif
They were working when I put them away 5 months ago, but now neither of them do. One of the transformers is completely dead and the other lets enough juice through to light the indicator light, but not warm the plate. I have already replaced the transformers on both of them once.
rant.gif
Well, since it is not much more to buy totally new heating plates from Premier1 than it is to buy replacement transformers for the EcoGlow, I guess I get to try out the plates from Premier1.
smile.png

:barnie :he  Well, both my EcoGlows are toast. :hit  They were working when I put them away 5 months ago, but now neither of them do. One of the transformers is completely dead and the other lets enough juice through to light the indicator light, but not warm the plate. I have already replaced the transformers on both of them once. :rant  Well, since it is not much more to buy totally new heating plates from Premier1 than it is to buy replacement transformers for the EcoGlow, I guess I get to try out the plates from Premier1. :)

You will love the premier 1. I dont buy the tops. I put drawer liner on the top

barnie.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
They were working when I put them away 5 months ago, but now neither of them do. One of the transformers is completely dead and the other lets enough juice through to light the indicator light, but not warm the plate. I have already replaced the transformers on both of them once.
rant.gif
Well, since it is not much more to buy totally new heating plates from Premier1 than it is to buy replacement transformers for the EcoGlow, I guess I get to try out the plates from Premier1.
smile.png

Ok did you register the warranty? If you did brinsea will replace them... Its free and Super easy

barnie.gif
he.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
smile.png
Like was posted, check into the warranty...for the one with the bad power brick, this is the replacement for the Ecoglow 20:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058LPD44?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

I had to replace both of mine. They are $7.30 each and have free shipping.

Last edited:
These are well past the warranty.
hmm.png
They are just not built to stand the test of time, or maybe it was the near constant use.
hide.gif

Thanks! That is good to know. Does the connector on the EcoGlow cord plug into that, or did you have to re-wire the whole thing?
It is an exact replacement for the one that comes with the ecoglow--It plugs in just like the original.

I found it using the model number on the old one.

It is an exact replacement for the one that comes with the ecoglow--It plugs in just like the original.

I found it using the model number on the old one.
Hmmm.... mine have a different model # - dys18-120150w-1. Maybe they changed thier supplier in the last year or two. I wonder if the plug is the same size?

Back
Top Bottom