7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I had to get our granddaughter to show me how to download the hatchabatch to our android.

I read this quote once and have kept on my memory file.

"Son/Daughter, Please be patient with me while teaching me how to use these new computers. Remember, I taught you how to use a spoon. "

:D

I wish you were one of my neighbors so I could hatch them out for you. I received an unbelievable octagon Brinsea incubator in the mail. There is room. So far, all of my fertile eggs are at a 100% hatching rate. I tested it with 4 eggs. Anyway, I am north, but probably not as north as you. Sorry to hear about your loss. :( I am hoping to go pick up some khaki duck eggs in a couple more weeks. I don't know what I am getting myself into with these ducks.

Any hatchers from SC
Looking for olive and blue layers
If not Easter Eggers with big fluffy cheeks and beards
1f601.png

For anyone who is hatching duck eggs, the next time you candle could you try and snap a picture of the air cell and post it? I've looked at the diagram but my air cells look small and that they aren't growing. I marked them on day 7 and I know it's only been 2.5 days since but they don't even look like they have grown the slightest. I'm running still air and complexly dry but I can't get my humidity below 45% unless I open it then it drops to 35% when I'm turning but then my temp drops. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

And is it normal that the embryo is favoring one side of the egg? I'm wondering if it's because they where in the carton waiting to be set for to long? I don't remember the chicken eggs doing this. Sorry for the quality of the pictures best I can do one handed with an iPhone.

For anyone who is hatching duck eggs, the next time you candle could you try and snap a picture of the air cell and post it? I've looked at the diagram but my air cells look small and that they aren't growing. I marked them on day 7 and I know it's only been 2.5 days since but they don't even look like they have grown the slightest. I'm running still air and complexly dry but I can't get my humidity below 45% unless I open it then it drops to 35% when I'm turning but then my temp drops. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

And is it normal that the embryo is favoring one side of the egg? I'm wondering if it's because they where in the carton waiting to be set for to long? I don't remember the chicken eggs doing this. Sorry for the quality of the pictures best I can do one handed with an iPhone.

LL
900x900px-LL-063c7a9c_500x1000px-LL-70192437_aircellschickenwaterfowlturkey.gif

Back
Top Bottom