7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Saris? I always think of Washington as being the .. wet.. state. Fires? I guess I haven't been watching the news so well. Hope you get some now. Will help. Prayers being answered her for sure! The more we get at the top of those mountains, the better chance we have at getting out of our drought. Of course, that means a lot of snowy days, not just three for the winter. A lot! We like to say, nice if it would snow in the mountains, and just rain down here, but we really do like the snow once in a while down here, well, most of us. :) I know the ski resorts are going..whoot.. whoot!
Washington is like Oregon--wet on the coast and dry inland.Spokane is close to Idaho. What do you think Idaho weather is like?

Saris?   I always think of Washington as being the .. wet.. state.  Fires?  I guess I haven't been watching the news so well.  Hope you get some now.  Will help.  Prayers being answered her for sure!  The more we get at the top of those mountains, the better chance we have at getting out of our drought.  Of course, that means a lot of snowy days, not just three for the winter.  A lot!   We like to say, nice if it would snow in the mountains, and just rain down here, but we really do like the snow once in a while down here, well, most of us.  :)    I know the ski resorts are going..whoot.. whoot!  

The coast is very wet. Last summer we had a huge amount of fires. The smoke from the fires in the middle of the state was so bad it traveled into Idaho. Made it seem like it was foggy in mid day, couldn't see the end of the block. It was the worst I recall it ever being. And these winters are getting milder and milder. I remember we used to get enough snow to hollow out 6ft tall snowberms after the plows cleared the cul de sacs where I grew up. Now there's just wet leaves everywhere.

GUESS WHO HAS FERTILE DUCK EGGS?!?!?! :celebrate
YOU????? :cd :bow :ya :jumpy :weee They should have a jumping duckling emoticon!
I agree!
YOU????? :cd :bow :ya :jumpy :weee They should have a jumping duckling emoticon!
Your wish is my command;)
So cute!
Saris? I always think of Washington as being the .. wet.. state. Fires? I guess I haven't been watching the news so well. Hope you get some now. Will help. Prayers being answered her for sure! The more we get at the top of those mountains, the better chance we have at getting out of our drought. Of course, that means a lot of snowy days, not just three for the winter. A lot! We like to say, nice if it would snow in the mountains, and just rain down here, but we really do like the snow once in a while down here, well, most of us. :) I know the ski resorts are going..whoot.. whoot!
Washington is like Oregon--wet on the coast and dry inland.Spokane is close to Idaho. What do you think Idaho weather is like?
Ohhhh, Spokane! Not nice to say anything so mean about Idaho! :))

I remember the Idaho fires..we were also getting the smoke ..all the way over here! That was something.

Ok, here's the hat!!
gig.gif
This is a good machine, really throws that snow out there.

Ok, I am chuckling here as I take this photo...he always clears a space for the mailman.
That's my sweetheart. Now, if, and I say if, a snow plow comes along, which they do
once in a while up here on the bench, then that will be buried again.

No snow here.

We like to go see snow in the winter though.
We have no snow in Woodland, California either.

I have lived here since 1992 and have seen snow stick two times since then. I have not seen a snow flake in years here.

I did see snow at my Mom's place at Thanksgiving though. She is at 4500 ft.

Last edited:
I think hatch a batch is better for keeping multiple hatches logged but the ihatch app is pretty cool. It's neat to be able to show the kids exactly what's going on.

Completely agree. I don't like that iHatch doesn't keep track of individual days on separate batches. Love the pictures and info though.

I really like that I can have a widget on my home screen with each batch I'm incubating with hatch a batch.

Looks like my broody isn't up to it. I'm going to throw her eggs in the incubator and see if I have any luck with them but it looks like she's tired of sitting already
hmm.png

Bummer! I'm trying out a first-time broody myself. So far she's sticking to it...even let me know when I got too close (ouch! my poor finger!)

Back
Top Bottom