7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Hello again! This is my very first hatch. I am useless at candling. I can see something in the eggs, but not many veins. I am hatching silkie eggs. I checked one of my Christmas day eggs....i still can't see actual veins, but i could see the chick moving around!!!!! I guess I need a stronger flashlight, or better glasses to see the veins. Can i just skip candeling and hope for the best?
Candle on the days in the chart to check the air cells. If you set them last Friday it is a bit soon to see too much.

LL

You should be able to tell clears on day 14. I often candle on day 10 and pull clears.

Argh! My incubator was running at 89 degrees all day! I have it hooked up to computer control but it was too close to an outside wall and temperature outside was really cold today.

Gave my broody 3 more of the eggs and moved the incubator into an inside room. It's back up to 99.5 but I hope the eggs are all OK. Maybe they'll just be delayed a bit? (Please, please, please...)

Argh! My incubator was running at 89 degrees all day! I have it hooked up to computer control but it was too close to an outside wall and temperature outside was really cold today.

Gave my broody 3 more of the eggs and moved the incubator into an inside room. It's back up to 99.5 but I hope the eggs are all OK. Maybe they'll just be delayed a bit? (Please, please, please...)
They should be fine!

Candle on the days in the chart to check the air cells. If you set them last Friday it is a bit soon to see too much.

LL

You should be able to tell clears on day 14. I often candle on day 10 and pull clears.

I'm at day 10 on some - started them on the 6th.. I can see the clears VERY easily. If I have blood rings, I should be able to see those. But the fun looking veins running through I just can't see. I'll try some more and see if I can check the air sac. Thanks for the images!!!!

Brinsea says to send the incubator back every two years for calibration.

Did you get the two year warranty? If you registered it with them, it should be under warranty. Give them a call or send an email to them.

I've had similar things happen with my little giant. It sucks. Not much comforting...
Buy additional thermometers, a good fan, then you should be better.

Candled half,battery died, and i found this cracked egg. Looked too big to try to repair and when i run my nail across it i could catch the edge on one side. Not taking a chance on it leaking so out she goes.

I've seen people put them in cups to ensure that leakage doesn't get to the other eggs just in case, but they still wanted to see if they could hatch it

Back
Top Bottom