7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Wow! What crosses yielded those pretty birds???

I wish I knew. I bought them as bantam Ameraucanas, but they can't be called that because the colors are scrambled :) A couple of them also have some light feathering on the outsides of their legs, very light. Otherwise they have Ameraucana personalities and traits like green legs, pea combs and beards. And blue eggs.
big_smile.png

Well, came on to say I have a pip, but that little stinker is starting to zip, now if it will just keep going. Worries me when they start, make a hole and stop. But, the way this one is moving, I think I will have a chick soon. :)

Well, came on to say I have a pip, but that little stinker is starting to zip, now if it will just keep going. Worries me when they start, make a hole and stop. But, the way this one is moving, I think I will have a chick soon. :)

I love it when they get right to it like that! It's such a terrible wait between the first pip and when they decide to get around to zipping!

I missed seeing this in time for the actual Hatch-A-Long, but had set my eggs Dec 8. I have 18, 6 ameraucana and 12 mixed pure breeds of Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock and Deleware, plus one from my favorite hen who lays olive eggs. :)
I love to see the chick pics on Hatch-A-Longs when the come out..I'll post mine after everyone else so I dont mess up winners, because mine will hatch before New Years. I have the fancy schmansy Rcom King Suro max 20 and this will be my first hatch in that new incubator. Can't wait to see my and everyone elses new chickees!

If I am not mistaken you should be ok... I could be wrong. I think you can!

I candled the 7 HAL Serama eggs in the "Mind reader" incubator. One was clear but the other 6 are developing just fine. :D The eggs that I had ordered for the HAL, got here this morning. They were not shipped right away. They were shipped Monday, but still took 5 days instead of 2-3. All have damaged or wonky air cells, One was broken, 4 look salvageable, so we shall see....
Glad to hear some are developing!

I missed seeing this in time for the actual Hatch-A-Long, but had set my eggs Dec 8. I have 18, 6 ameraucana and 12 mixed pure breeds of Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock and Deleware, plus one from my favorite hen who lays olive eggs. :) I love to see the chick pics on Hatch-A-Longs when the come out..I'll post mine after everyone else so I dont mess up winners, because mine will hatch before New Years. I have the fancy schmansy Rcom King Suro max 20 and this will be my first hatch in that new incubator. Can't wait to see my and everyone elses new chickees!
We have the same bator!
1f44d.png
I really like it. My pump stopped working though, so I stopped using it, and the bator holds an even steadier humidity

Back
Top Bottom