7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I've it shipped that way, still like the egg carton better.
smile.png

The great egg shipping experiment thread shows that egg cartons are not a good way to ship eggs.

The way Bama ships them is the best way. Memory foam is good but you need to use the correct type. One type does not stop shocks.

Well ron...
tongue.gif
lol...it's always been the best way I've gotten them. When they are packed separate is when I get broken ones..not always, but only when I have the egg cartons is when I have ..good eggs. :)
I have to pull a photo now..I've gotten two boxes like this, this one, was a box within a box! And, I like that too. :) Just didn't work out this time!

I actually got 3 to hatch after washing the 5 good ones left.

Last edited:
Ok, I have a small predicament.....I cannot post in the BST section because I have posted enough on this forum or site and I am looking to buy some hatching eggs; preferably rhodebar, cream legbar and some other pretty chickens, large or medium size egg, any and all colors would be wonderful to hatch for my first time during this hatch along. I would like a total of no more than 12 eggs. If anyone could help me, pleaseeeeeee, I would really appreciate it! I am on a slight budget so if I can only buy a few less than 12 if I need to, to afford buying the eggs and shipping. Also if anyone knows of any Golden 300 duck eggs and / or Ancona duck eggs for sale, I would be like totally psyched!!! Pleaseeeeee someone help me make my dreams a reality here :) :) :)

I wrap each egg in newspaper. Then small bubble wrap. Then place poly-fill pillow stuffing in USPS regional box A. Then put 12-14 eggs pointy end down nested in the poly-fill. Add more poly-fill until eggs are snug with no movement and tape shut.
I then put layer of large bubble bubble wrap in the bottom of USPS medium flat rate box. Put the taped up Regional box A inside. Add large bubble wrap to gaps in the sides. Place a layer of bubble wrap to the top and tape shut.
Works great

Wow! I've had the poly pillow a few times too..good luck with those too.

I am getting Ancona eggs from Quackleberry Farm. You should look them up on Facebook. After talking to the owner for awhile I decided to buys some eggs. He's really nice and helpful and answered all my questions very patently. I excited to add a couple more Anconas to my little flock! My 2 are great!
Ok, I have a small predicament.....I cannot post in the BST section because I have posted enough on this forum or site and I am looking to buy some hatching eggs; preferably rhodebar, cream legbar and some other pretty chickens,  large or medium size egg, any and all colors would be wonderful to hatch for my first time during this hatch along. I would like a total of no more than 12 eggs. If anyone could help me, pleaseeeeeee, I would really appreciate it! I am on a slight budget so if I can only buy a few less than 12 if I need to, to afford buying the eggs and shipping. Also if anyone knows of any Golden 300 duck eggs and / or Ancona duck eggs for sale, I would be like totally psyched!!! Pleaseeeeee someone help me make my dreams a reality here :) :) :)
:)

Well ron...
tongue.gif
lol...it's always been the best way I've gotten them. When they are packed separate is when I get broken ones..not always, but only when I have the egg cartons is when I have ..good eggs. :)
I have to pull a photo now..I've gotten two boxes like this, this one, was a box within a box! And, I like that too. :) Just didn't work out this time!

I actually got 3 to hatch after washing the 5 good ones left.
Those were not packed correctly--The eggs should be wrapped up like a burrito and double boxed.

Go to the great shipping experiment thread for better instructions.--I will post some later too.

Ok, I have a small predicament.....I cannot post in the BST section because I have posted enough on this forum or site and I am looking to buy some hatching eggs; preferably rhodebar, cream legbar and some other pretty chickens, large or medium size egg, any and all colors would be wonderful to hatch for my first time during this hatch along. I would like a total of no more than 12 eggs. If anyone could help me, pleaseeeeeee, I would really appreciate it! I am on a slight budget so if I can only buy a few less than 12 if I need to, to afford buying the eggs and shipping. Also if anyone knows of any Golden 300 duck eggs and / or Ancona duck eggs for sale, I would be like totally psyched!!! Pleaseeeeee someone help me make my dreams a reality here :) :) :)
Hi,
I don't have any ancona eggs available at this time but have plenty for sale in the spring! I've been breeding anconas for years now and breed for the suggested standard. I have black, blue, lavender, lilac, chocolate and silver in my flock. And also separate my blacks a few times a year for strictly black offspring.
I get cream, gray, and green eggs from them.

Feel free to message me if you want the link to my website and farm page!

Those were not packed correctly--The eggs should be wrapped up like a burrito and double boxed.

Go to the great shipping experiment thread for better instructions.--I will post some later too.

This was double boxed! :/

We were just guessing that a couple of .. not so nice people, played football and catch with the box.

Ok, I didn't show all of the photos. They were wrapped up like a burrito.
Will show you the sequence of photos, but not the outside box itself, which wasn't in bad shape at all, it has my name on it, but took a photo of the box and insides like I usually do when I've bought through the mail.

Pulled most of the paper that was stuffed down the sides to get a good photo of the box inside. Not bent at all.

Is the burrito part you're talking about? I had pulled a top part of by now.

Then the other two that I posted. I have received two boxes just like this. Box in a box, and wrapped up together. That's ok, I just let them know now how I prefer my eggs wrapped.

HOPE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE HAD A GREAT THANKSGIVING DAY. I WAS GOOD, I DIDN'T EAT TOO MUCH, HAVE TO SAVE SOME ROOM FOR PIE...LATER. ;)

Last edited:
I am getting Ancona eggs from Quackleberry Farm. You should look them up on Facebook. After talking to the owner for awhile I decided to buys some eggs. He's really nice and helpful and answered all my questions very patently. I excited to add a couple more Anconas to my little flock! My 2 are great!
Quote: Thank you littlenessie! I will check on that farm page and see what they have to offer. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom