8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

when-its-day-x6dxns.jpg

For sure!! I'm watching mine closely today!!

Shoont guys! I had a busy day getting stuff for the chickens and groceries for us, then tending to the coop!

I candled again too, because I wanted to mark air cells this time. Some look like they're doing great and others, the cells have barely moved. I've done a little moving around to make sure that those ones are more on the outside perimeter of the incubator now. I'm undecided on when I should candle next, either day 10 or 14. I'll candle one last time just before lockdown.

Also, it looks like I have three that weren't fertile and another that looks like it quit. It's in a marans egg and the yolk looks like a solid, dark sphere. I'm still leaving them in there unless I start smelling something funky. Madness!
132452.jpg

How is your hatch going so far? Have you candeled your eggs yet?

Oh boy! Your post got buried LOL I took some pics of the Day 5 candle, but I bowed out on doing photos of the Day 7 candle, since the Day 5's came out a little noisy. Let me see if I can make the file sizes smaller since they wouldn't post the last time I tried, and I was too lazy to deal with it then.
lol.png

Thanks, @Cynthia12 ! I hatched a Bielefelder hen in June but no rooster. This hatch the hen came first and I could not believe I was praying for a rooster. He finally got here the next day. Now if he can just make it to maturity...

Oh boy! Your post got buried LOL I took some pics of the Day 5 candle, but I bowed out on doing photos of the Day 7 candle, since the Day 5's came out a little noisy. Let me see if I can make the file sizes smaller since they wouldn't post the last time I tried, and I was too lazy to deal with it then.
lol.png
If anyone has a post come up while trying to download something that says that you have already posted it..just refresh your page. It will be there. Don't click on it again. I've been having that issue lately on my pc. Just once in a while, not every time.

If anyone has a post come up while trying to download something that says that you have already posted it..just refresh your page. It will be there. Don't click on it again. I've been having that issue lately on my pc. Just once in a while, not every time.

Nah, this time it was because my images were too large! 14MB per photo is a bit much ;) I've made them much smaller now LOL

Back
Top Bottom