8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Although all of mine look good I made a major boo boo I
did not plug the turner in
ep.gif
everyone I candled last night looked good with movement
but now I will have to wait to see if anyone actually can hatch
idunno.gif

One baby is in a short glass..with taped up feet/legs. Very active, will take the tape of tomorrow. Should work ok. :)
Hi @Cynthia12 , I have one chick that has a funny leg too. Did taping up the legs and putting in a glass fix it? My chick is 3 days old and taping the legs together isn't showing any improvement. Here's a video if that helps diagnose at all. DO you think she needs to be moved into a glass/sling?

0.jpg

Last edited:
did not plug the turner in :eek: everyone I candled last night looked good with movement
but now I will have to wait to see if anyone actually can hatch :idunno

I hope that you get a good hatch!

I had 6 make it to lockdown so we'll see what actualy hatches. 2 were early quitters. Besides that, I had 1 blood ring and the rest were infertile (or too scrambled from shipping). Here's hoping for some fluffy silkies and showgirls!

ep.gif
idunno.gif
If they made this far, they will be fine. Not turning causes a percentage to die at about day 7 to 10.

(Turning was not done until sometime in the 1950s).

I am not discounting it--It is a good thing to turn the eggs but they still hatch without it. It is not a death sentence.

Post pictures when yours hatch!

ep.gif
idunno.gif
They hadn't been turned the whole time?

If they made this far, they will be fine. Not turning causes a percentage to die at about day 7 to 10.

(Turning was not done until sometime in the 1950s).

I am not discounting it--It is a good thing to turn the eggs but they still hatch without it. It is not a death sentence.

Post pictures when yours hatch!
Good points.
I once had a batch of eggs and the incubator kept swinging from 92 to 108. I gave up on them at about day 6 and put more eggs under a broody hen.
I didn't pull the eggs nor turn off the incubator. I was in the cellar and heard a bunch of noise. I thought it was mice only to find 2 chicks in the incubator at about day 23.

So, my husband isn't SURE, but he thinks he heard some cheeping today after the turner rolled, just before I left from work. I'm waiting for the hour to roll back around for me to take a listen. It seems a little early for that, yes?

So, my husband isn't SURE, but he thinks he heard some cheeping today after the turner rolled, just before I left from work. I'm waiting for the hour to roll back around for me to take a listen. It seems a little early for that, yes?
yesss.gif

They may be internally pipped!

yesss.gif

They may be internally pipped!

It may be premature or wishful thinking though!
lol.png

The turner just rolled and I didn't hear anything. Of course, now I'm wondering what the heck I'm gonna do if any of them do internally pip before I take the turner out. Today is day 16. I'm planning to remove the turner tomorrow night then start pushing the humidity up on Thursday. Do they only run the risk of shrink wrapping if they've externally pipped? I DO have one egg that I think will be an early bird, but today just feels a smidge too early to start LOL. What do I know though? I R Not A Chick
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom