8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Well... I also have mille fluer and golden neck d'Uccles. Seramas, and Bantam EEs. I have others, but that's who's laying right now, although slowly....
I would be interested in all the d'uccles :p how many eggs do you think you could get of all three (even an egg or two from the porcelain lol) before the 11th or early next week? :)

Last edited:
following for kicks. :)

Oh boy! It will be fun to have you in here.
smile.png

Add me in... Can't believe I'm gonna have chicks in the coldest months of the year :/

Either will be Swedish flowers from here or something else from here, maybe isabel and brown leghorns? Who knows. I'll work that out later

Hi from SE PA,

Didn't know that on BYC everyone gets together to have a hatch on New Years Day, what a great community!

I've been figuring out DIY incubating and have tried 2 batches of GIANT supermarket "fertile" eggs. Nothing became of them on the day 7 candling, but the process has helped me to refine and tweak our styrofoam incubator.

We bought 8 eggs on eBay, and after a week in USPS transit we let them sit at room temperature for 24 hours, and they went in on Friday night. Would have loved to join everyone's New Year's Day hatch, but these will be a Christmas Eve hatch if all goes well. Is there a Christmas hatch thread?

Here are our eggs:

Back
Top Bottom