8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

:th How would it be to open your egg carton to see that?!

I love it, lol... :D

And the yard ornaments aren't bad either...

Y'all are killing me with all the great updates
hit.gif
I am a day late so mine aren't due till Monday. They're still on day 18 until the evening they'll turn 19. I candled and still see a lot of blood vessels :( Guessing they will hatch till Monday which sucks! so you guys keep posting pics of pips and zips and hatchlings and everything! Love seeing them :) Ringo is handsome!
I will be hanging in with you!

I can't help it..I'm just loving this guy!

LL
He is a looker!

5c731c1864e45bcc01effa103ca8f2d1.jpg

I love these birds. Miss them. I used to live in Florida. None here in Utah.
See Blue Jays though, once in a while in the foothills.

They are beautiful Cynthia! We used to get anywhere from 6-10 at our Florida feeders. I haven't seen any here in WY though
hmm.png

Before I share my New Years hatch progress, i just wanted to share how my Dec 27th hatch went. I had 20 eggs go into lockdown. 9 green eggs from my ee hen, 9 eggs from my slw. They are in a pen with my ee roo. I also incubated 2 white eggs from my mother in laws flock. She has a polish roo, but We didn't know if her gold laced polish resumed laying, or her appenzeller.well,i hatched both her eggs. 17 hatch total,but one passed away the next day. It had trouble walking.

Now for my new years hatch, I set 12 more eggs. 3 of each of my own ee and ee mixes, them I got some eggs from a member, 2 sexlink eggs, 1 white leghorn and 3 naked neck. They are with a blrw roo. Will be interesting mixes! Anyways, they are due new years day, but 3 are pipped this morning! I kinda expected my green eggs to pip today, they pipped a day early this last hatch, and hatched early morning next day. I don't think they're gonna wait til tomorrow this time! I have pips and a zip!

Oh, and the bantam egg isn't part of this hatch, it's just temporarily here due to space in my other incubator, its set for a bday hatch, but am almost positive of infertile eggs, so it'll be moved back tomorrow night.

Ok, taking off to the store. No holding me back..since none of my Trader Joe eggs started.
hit.gif

You guys are rid of me for a while. I hope I see a lot has been posted...pipped eggs or not. Chicks or not. Find something fun to post...like..more baby goat photos!

Post some funny things. Or, interesting things.

I bet a few of you have seen a few of these. I have two pullets that are trying to start. This is the longest it's taken one to start laying a hard shell. Funny thing is, she laid a pretty blue one, then went back to rubber eggs. I have plenty of oyster shell out there. Saw her eat some yesterday. I think it's this cold weather. And it's going to be in the minus for us here shortly. :(
I just finished the Menu for the week and the shopping list. I will be off shopping soon too.

One of my pullets laid this franken egg before the weather turned cold. I never figured out who it was.
Poor girl must have panicked after the first was out but the rest was still hanging on. LOL
gig.gif

Oh wow, I've never seen that before! I caught my black sex link in the nest box laying for the first time. She was pushing, and squeeking, and pushing and squeeking for a while. I thought man, this is going to be a pretty good sized egg. Heard it drop softly. Let her take her time to recoup..when she got off..couldn't believe it was a small rubber egg.

Back
Top Bottom