8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Here are a few that I had gathered for this hatch.

... and these are a few that have hatched so far.

I just love the blues, and blue/greens. I am so excited that this gal got her act together so I can get a blue one now. Hope that's it on rubber eggs! I will have blue, OE, a pretty red/brown from a RSL..a white of course from my leghorn..and a nice sized one from my smooth SG. She actually lays a pretty decent sized egg..surprised me. Now I'm hoping she doesn't go broody..it's about that time again.
roll.png

No, we are neighbors, I would imagine too cold for them around here.

Maybe we should undertake a breeding program with cardinals. Something to make them more cold tolerant...a heavy coat in the winter and then shed to red in the spring!
lol.png

Okay... Went out to collect eggs before I left. What was I saying about rubber eggs? Well I found the two pullets had laid a nice hard shelled egg. Guess their bodies are getting the hang of it. Small but they will get bigger.
WE are moving into longer days so the Hens will be starting up laying again. There are always odd eggs then.

Yesterday, one of my pullets laid a very chalky egg, I don't what's up. She has been laying for months. And a few days ago one of my adult hens laid a rubber egg that my chicken ended up eating, one of my Black sex link pullets is a trouble making chicken who loves to eat eggs in the nests!

It takes them some time to get the egg laying organs going. Chalky could just be extra bloom.
Happy New Year from the Orr's "Little Ranchland Farm" to you and yours!

Back
Top Bottom