8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Oh man! :fl

Temps went down on my sportsman twice during lockdown cuz I have it in my carport outside and cold front came in two days ago with temps 32 yesterday morning and 30 this morning now a power outage ..... Is be lucky to have some hatch. Plus I have my 3wks,2wks,1 wk Old chicks without heat lamp.......arrrghhh!!! They are over 100 chicks.

Last edited:
Can't believe this!!!! My chicks are hatching and we just had power outage again. Temp reads 82 degrees.

Yikes! Can you throw a blanket or two around the incubator to keep the temp up?

he.gif

I had a chick hatch out so weird a couple days ago! Thought I'd show you guys. The incubator is an R-com, which is notorious for malpositions. The chick is a cross between a Serama and a bantam EE.

He pipped upside down and then proceeded to smash his way out of the egg. Feet and wings sticking out first then he just sort of fell out of the egg. No help was needed.

Here is the egg shell
lau.gif

And the chick, (the blue one).

I had a chick hatch out so weird a couple days ago! Thought I'd show you guys. The incubator is an R-com, which is notorious for malpositions. The chick is a cross between a Serama and a bantam EE.

He pipped upside down and then proceeded to smash his way out of the egg. Feet and wings sticking out first then he just sort of fell out of the egg. No help was needed.

Here is the egg shell
lau.gif

And the chick, (the blue one).
Soooo...a UFC or a MacGyver chick? Maybe a Chuck Norris chick?

Don't know. There was a lot of peeping during the day but my sportsman has no view window. I never open during lockdown until the end of the day following due date.
bow.gif
I can't imagine not seeing what's going on and waiting it out. That must be a killer!
th.gif

Soooo...a UFC or a MacGyver chick?  Maybe a Chuck Norris chick?

:bow   I can't imagine not seeing what's going on and waiting it out. That must be a killer! :th

Two hrs with no power....knocked on my sportsman door no peeping heard. Checked on my 100+ chicks on the coop and all are cuddled up in the corner. I feel I'm gonna have a mass loss tomorrow if the power doesn't come back on soon. Probably gonna loose all my 1 wk olds along with the 2 wk olds. Maybe some 3 wk olds will make it cuz they are almost all feathered....this is not good.

Two hrs with no power....knocked on my sportsman door no peeping heard. Checked on my 100+ chicks on the coop and all are cuddled up in the corner. I feel I'm gonna have a mass loss tomorrow if the power doesn't come back on soon. Probably gonna loose all my 1 wk olds along with the 2 wk olds. Maybe some 3 wk olds will make it cuz they are almost all feathered....this is not good.
With that many chicks, don't they do a pretty good job of cuddling? I really hope your power comes back soon! I wish you the best!!

Why have you been losing power so often? Storms coming through?

I'd be making a run to Walmart for a power inverter...

Back
Top Bottom