8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

wickedchicken6 have to agree there someone must have known but does not make the loss less
I must admit it is better to file a report as if they show up on craig's list you would not have to pay for it
again

A bit worried..

Its been almost 3 days since Pocket has hatched, i have offered her hard boiled yolk (Finley scrambled) and crushed cheerios. Not interested in them..she has an empty crop and is making some yawning motions on several occasions
idunno.gif

A bit worried..

Its been almost 3 days since Pocket has hatched, i have offered her hard boiled yolk (Finley scrambled) and crushed cheerios. Not interested in them..she has an empty crop and is making some yawning motions on several occasions
idunno.gif
is this the only one acting this way?
do you have any sav-a-chick or other electrolytes?

A bit worried..

Its been almost 3 days since Pocket has hatched, i have offered her hard boiled yolk (Finley scrambled) and crushed cheerios. Not interested in them..she has an empty crop and is making some yawning motions on several occasions :idunno

I am known for interfering with nature, but I almost always save the "failure to thrive" chicks by tube feeding them a few times a day with parrot hand feeding formula. It usually only takes two or three days before they are strong enough and start eating well on their own. I don't recall your story about Pocket but you can also easily get some antibiotics into her while tube feeding.

I heard my first crow this morning! Three times. Sounded like an adolescent boy whose voice is cracking. To funny. Sad, as I can't have Roos in the city, but still cool.

Also, was planning on a metal shed for a coop. Just found a guy who builds wooden sheds. Getting an 8x8. Pic is is of the upgraded model. Mine will have a single window ( I can add another later on), 4' wide single door, and plywood siding instead of T11. So excited. It will be good to get these babies outside and with more space! I'll miss hearing them inside, but it's time! LOL

Last edited:
Cool! I love, love, love little adolescent crows (almost as much as I love fluffy cheeks)!!
I am also going to be getting a shed for my layers! I almost had to pinch myself when my sweet husband suggested it!! So exciting!

Cool! I love, love, love little adolescent crows (almost as much as I love fluffy cheeks)!!
I am also going to be getting a shed for my layers! I almost had to pinch myself when my sweet husband suggested it!! So exciting!

I want to record it, but of course there hasn't been any more. LOL I thought 7 weeks would be WAY TO EARLY! But, it was definitely a crow I heard.

Im a bit sad this morning....actually scratch that, very sad.

I did my usual check the brooder last night....and Pocket was not in there. No where....not under her toys, she was not in sight. We turned the place upside down to find her, she was no where. Shes gone.
hit.gif

Its the worst case scenario because i dont know if shes in the cats belly or by chance still alive somewhere waiting for me, i cant bring myself to the fact that i wont see her ever again, its funny how 3 days together can impact on how much i miss her...

Last night i was watching TV, and she was snuggled up next to my hand, if i moved it, she would make a fuss, and if i walked away she would come screaming after me...

Its my fault because if i had put a lid on the brooder...none of this would of happened.

Not a good morning
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom