8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

But....with a cat around, you'd think he'd grab her? And plus, without heat, wont she be dead?

Not necessarily :fl

Well...this cat has gotten a chick out of an incubator, almost killed it...its reasonably cold...shes 4 days old (As of today) Im going to search....it seems so strange that shes disappeared without a trace. Its either i find her dead or alive, but i hate when a chick goes missing and i dont know if its dead or alive..that keeps me up at night. I dont know where to start looking :idunno  

ETA: I was looking in some Un- usual places, and i said "Pocket" and I SWEAR i heard a cheep, but i cant see anything!!
YouTube chicks peeping!!!

Well...this cat has gotten a chick out of an incubator, almost killed it...its reasonably cold...shes 4 days old (As of today) Im going to search....it seems so strange that shes disappeared without a trace. Its either i find her dead or alive, but i hate when a chick goes missing and i dont know if its dead or alive..that keeps me up at night. I dont know where to start looking :idunno  

ETA: I was looking in some Un- usual places, and i said "Pocket" and I SWEAR i heard a cheep, but i cant see anything!!

Come on Pocket! You are dearly missed!

Not necessarily
fl.gif

YouTube chicks peeping!!!

Thank you both again, i tried youtube chicks peeping, no result, i just feel terrible, i would of loved to have her with me today...

Im sorry for going on, but heck...she was also the only pullet that has hatched out in a while

Thank you both again, i tried youtube chicks peeping, no result, i just feel terrible, i would of loved to have her with me today...

Im sorry for going on, but heck...she was also the only pullet that has hatched out in a while

Never feel bad about "going on" over losing a little one - they're definitely the hardest to get over. Keep us posted if any clues develop!

I would look with a flashlight, she is dark and probably hard to see! Look under things for sure! I also try being grateful in advance for finding things and it really helps them show up sometimes!! :fl

X 2!

Never feel bad about "going on" over losing a little one - they're definitely the hardest to get over. Keep us posted if any clues develop!
Agreed. These little birds grab onto our hearts. We're here hoping you find pocket. I'm sure many of us have been there too!

Oh no!

I hope you can find her, one way or another. Preferably a positive way...
hugs.gif
X 2 as well! I've had both chicks and keets go missing for half and full days. Hoping for the best!
fl.gif

Im a bit sad this morning....actually scratch that, very sad. I did my usual check the brooder last night....and Pocket was not in there. No where....not under her toys, she was not in sight. We turned the place upside down to find her, she was no where. Shes gone. :hit Its the worst case scenario because i dont know if shes in the cats belly or by chance still alive somewhere waiting for me, i cant bring myself to the fact that i wont see her ever again, its funny how 3 days together can impact on how much i miss her... Last night i was watching TV, and she was snuggled up next to my hand, if i moved it, she would make a fuss, and if i walked away she would come screaming after me... Its my fault because if i had put a lid on the brooder...none of this would of happened. Not a good morning :(
Under the refrigerator or behind the washer or dryer. That's where mine always go....

Hope for photo contest soon missed the last one I have hatched out some chicks all winter hope for warm weather so I can get the fuzzy butts out of the house currently I am building a brooder house for the chicks hope to be done soon

@DwayneNLiz @Jessimom @generalsherman @penny1960 @Wickedchickens6 and everybody else not mentioned, thanks. Here a couple of pictures of the survivors of my coop slaughter.

4 week old females of my Dark Cornish/Madisons

3 week old

I'm all excited about this cross. Check their double breast feature on their chests!!! Got another 24 eggs on my homemade bator and gonna candle tonight on day 3.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom