8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Sorry no hatches..I'm right there with ya.   :/

Glad you have babies from earlier..also, right there with ya.   :)

It's ok. Gives these a chance to grow up a bit, figure out who's cockerels, and HATCH MORE! LOL

I checked out our Trader Joe's- they don't carry the fertilized eggs. I didn't ask, but none on the shelf.

Woohoo! 1 have 2 splash and 1 blue Isbar from this hatch!!!! That's the first isbars I have that aren't black.

Hatch finished. 3/4 ducks, 6/8 isbars, 0/3 Marans. 3 quitters, 3 not fertile.
75% rate not including the blanks.

What?  No photos?  I love silkie baby photos. 

They are hard to get to pose at once. I think I may have to wait to see their final colors. I have a porcelain hen in there. So I may have a long wait to see who are boys as well. All the girls are claimed already. Time to set my next hatch!

Just for fun. I always like taking photos of my Golden R. having fun in fresh fallen snow. We have gotten probably 3 more inches since!

Hey ron...are you guys getting a lot of rain?? We are in for it all week until Friday.

BEAUTIFUL doggies and very pretty snowy yard! Looks like your pup is having a blast!!!

Here's my nyhal update:

I set 12 eggs
5 hatched New Yrs eve 3 went in the brooder but 2 were still wet, so after cleaning up from a new years party, i went to bed at 1:30 Woke up with 7 in the bator, so 5 more hatched. However i noticed one not moving and pulled it. It's intestines were out. The 2 remaining eggs were candled and found no movement. I opened to find one upside down, the other had not absorbed the yolk. I have 9 chicks of 12 eggs 5 ee, 3 nn(one without a nn) and a sexlink mix.

I hatched 16 on dec 27, and this 9 made 25. My mother in law took her 2 polish mix,and one of my ee, i gave a friend an ee too. I have 21 chicks in my brooder with 3 quail babies. I have i think 13 eggs due on jan 13, and will be moving my chicks to a bigger brooder bin, and put any new in there. Gonna be a busy winter!

And before i'm asked, males will be processed, started pullets will have a chance to be sold at 8 wks, as they'd be of age to go outside, but if not will be eaten as well.

She was so .. homely...when small..I named her Uggums. She won like third, in the ugly chick contest. I think 3rd?

Back
Top Bottom