8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

1 duckling out, 2 more pipped, 1 more possible... lost 3...

We are on day 20 now (since around 630 tonight). Hopefully we see pips by morning and at the latest tomorrow night).

We've got lots of wiggling around but no pips yet.

You never know!
Still waiting on the last eggs. One I'm pretty sure is dead. Took a picture of the chicks before 3 went off to a new home.

They are very cute!

Heres my chicks
Puffys kids aka my sexlink

My naked necks

Seramas

My wyandotte/sexlink mixes

My leghorns kids

My khaki campbell ducklings

That is the way to take pictures!
My total HAL chick number is 2.
I set 10 eggs, but 8 were from new pairs that I had just put together so none were fertile yet. I'm getting fertile eggs from them now though. So the two that hatched are from a silkied Serama pen.
They both hatched New Years Day.
Here they are:

And here are a few that I hatched in December..
I love the feathering!

I had to take a brief hiatus from the thread. What a LONG weekend!

My #16 chick didn't make it. She passed sometime today. It was probably a losing battle from the start but we did try.

So in all we set 24 eggs. Pulled 2 because they were infertile. Pulled another 3 quitters. Out of 19 that made it to lockdown, 16 hatched but 1 died, two wrong end pips that likely drowned when they got bumped, and one egg that stopped developing it looks like. Not a GREAT first hatch, but I'm still satisfied. The little buggars are doing well and are just so stinkin' adorable!

I took some pics tonight of the #14 and #15 chicks since they were behind all the others and weren't out of the incubator for the first photo shoot.

I had to take a brief hiatus from the thread. What a LONG weekend! My #16 chick didn't make it. She passed sometime today. It was probably a losing battle from the start but we did try. So in all we set 24 eggs. Pulled 2 because they were infertile. Pulled another 3 quitters. Out of 19 that made it to lockdown, 16 hatched but 1 died, two wrong end pips that likely drowned when they got bumped, and one egg that stopped developing it looks like. Not a GREAT first hatch, but I'm still satisfied. The little buggars are doing well and are just so stinkin' adorable! I took some pics tonight of the #14 and #15 chicks since they were behind all the others and weren't out of the incubator for the first photo shoot.
OmyGoodness!!! Ill send you my adress so you can ship them to me, I love your chicks!!! You had some really nice ones!

Last edited:
I had to take a brief hiatus from the thread. What a LONG weekend!

My #16 chick didn't make it. She passed sometime today. It was probably a losing battle from the start but we did try.

So in all we set 24 eggs. Pulled 2 because they were infertile. Pulled another 3 quitters. Out of 19 that made it to lockdown, 16 hatched but 1 died, two wrong end pips that likely drowned when they got bumped, and one egg that stopped developing it looks like. Not a GREAT first hatch, but I'm still satisfied. The little buggars are doing well and are just so stinkin' adorable!

I took some pics tonight of the #14 and #15 chicks since they were behind all the others and weren't out of the incubator for the first photo shoot.

Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom