8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Here's the 7 Australorp chicks from my New Years Day 2017 hatch. There are 7 splash, and 3 blue.

LL

I need to get some new pictures of my babies. They're growing so fast! I just watched a rousing game of keep away with some meal worms. I swear, those little show girls are more aerodynamic than the silkies lol

My first hatch from my Buff Orpingtons was a total success! 6 of 6 hatched on 1/10 (my hubby's birthday) and one ended up being a real surprise! My Isabel Leghorn rooster somehow managed to get into the Buff's run from the adjoining, yet separate, Isabel run. Apparently he took a fancy to one of the Buff girls and the little odd ball is the product of their forbidden love affair. Gonna be interesting seeing what it ends up looking like.

Last edited:
My first hatch from my Buff Orpingtons was a total success! 6 of 6 hatched on 1/10 (my hubby's birthday) and one ended up being a real surprise! My Isabel Leghorn rooster somehow managed to get into the Buff's run from the adjoining, yet separate, Isabel run. Apparently he took a fancy to one of the Buff girls and the little odd ball is the product of their forbidden love affair. Gonna be interesting seeing what it ends up looking like.
Very cute - Keep up posted on the leghorn mix. Definitely doesn't match it's hatch mates....

Back
Top Bottom