8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

Very cute - Keep up posted on the leghorn mix.  Definitely doesn't match it's hatch mates....
Will do! Looking at the wing, I'm fairly certain it's a girl, so it'll be interesting to see not only how she looks, but who she'll take after more with egg laying. I love my buffs, but their eggs are a trite bit smaller than I prefer, so maybe she'll lay "bigguns" like the leggies. Now I just gotta figure out what to name the new little "Isabuff Orpinghorn" lol! Any suggestions?

Will do! Looking at the wing, I'm fairly certain it's a girl, so it'll be interesting to see not only how she looks, but who she'll take after more with egg laying. I love my buffs, but their eggs are a trite bit smaller than I prefer, so maybe she'll lay "bigguns" like the leggies. Now I just gotta figure out what to name the new little "Isabuff Orpinghorn" lol! Any suggestions?

How about naming her Destiny? It was the first thing that popped into my head.

How about naming her Destiny? It was the first thing that popped into my head.
I like it! And, it really does fit her seeing as she was obviously destined to be despite my best efforts to the contrary. I still haven't figured out how he got into the Buff pen. I've looked at that thing two ways to Sunday and still can't figure it out. It's like he walked through the wire or something. Destiny it is! Thanks!

I like it! And, it really does fit her seeing as she was obviously destined to be despite my best efforts to the contrary. I still haven't figured out how he got into the Buff pen. I've looked at that thing two ways to Sunday and still can't figure it out. It's like he walked through the wire or something. Destiny it is! Thanks!

You're welcome! I'm glad that I was able to help!

My NY babies are so very flighty that I can't get any pictures of them. They will NOT stay still. My older silkes on the other hand, are a lot quieter. It's rather muddy in the pen, but that just makes digging for bugs more fun.

It's scary when the weed is almost as tall as you are.

Some are Fluffier than others.

Oh my goodness - so darling!! My daughter has been working on me for a while to get some silkies!
Thanks!! They are great birds.

Papas Poultry is in Redding. You should check with them if you decide to get some. I have a sizzle from them also. (silkie and frizzle).

Silkies are the calmest and friendliest birds I have. Any time I have teenage babies, I put them in with the silkies and nobody gets pecked or bothered. When they get bigger, they go in with the bigger birds. The silkies accept everyone.

https://papaspoultry.com/collections/available-now

Great info - the daughter is gradually wearing me down on the idea - her bday is in the summer; maybe then! Yes, Jeff at Papa's and I have exchanged many emails - getting some Bielefelder hatching eggs from him soon! It was so wonderful to find that we had a quality poultry supplier right here in town, but sort of funny that it was someone in New York who recommended me to him!
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom