A Bielefelder Thread !

Ah, that makes more sense then. Yeah, I think feed has a lot to do with how a bird finishes out. If you load them up with protein as they grow, they don't have much choice but to grow bigger. I'm looking forward to seeing the egg color Elite Poultry gets.

So what are you getting at exactly? That these aren't real Bielefelders?

I'm not saying that the Germans don't know how to raise chickens, I'm saying that Americans associate bigger with better and over feed.

I'm just asking if someones knows. I was impressed with 13 lbs, But cant find anything that says over ten lbs where these critters come from. Wondering if anyone has seen a 13lb Bielefelder roo. Dont you question anything? you shouldnt get so ruffled.

I have bought from Greenfire before many times. Just dont know what to think of this breed. I think the Legbar is a better layer then their website says. I have 30 legbar hens that lay as well as my leghorns and eat less

I question people who beat around the bush asking people with juvenile birds to "explain the difference" of GFF's listed weights and those found on German sites. No one who has posted in this thread has an adult Bielefelder roo from GFF, and if you really wanted an answer, you could call GFF instead of asking where you know darn well you won't get a satisfactory answer.

If the weight variance bothers you so terribly, don't purchase this breed. It's truly that simple.

You certainly are defensive about this breed. If you must know, I wanted to purchase a pair from rarebreedauction. Needed help soon. Only got your answers. Sorry like I said didnt mean to ruffle your feathers, The only thing that does bother me is the size difference. There is a big diff between 9 and 13 lbs. I know people greenfire comes on here. so I was hoping they would clear it up. I can tell you've never called them. They are a very busy bunch over there. Takes a few days to get to them even when You havent payed them yet and want to, it can take days. The auction ends in a few hours.

The GFF website states "This breed is very large -roosters can weigh over 10 lb." and then their auction listing says "This ultra-rare breed is very large -roosters can weigh over 12 lb."

I get how that, on top of the 8 kg UK weights is sketchy as all get out. I have noted this in the past in my notes, and I have tried to rationalize it in my mind instead of contacting GFF since they are so busy.

If you can't get through their phone line their email turn around time has always been pretty quick for me (but not 2 hours quick). I don't own any Bielefelders yet, and I'm not invested in defending the breed. I am invested in figuring out what the real question is when a vague one is posted. I told you what I suspected was a likely cause of such a staggering difference in recorded weights, but apparently that wasn't what you wanted to hear, so you ignored it and inferred that I was making a negative comment on German chicken husbandry. Given the urgency of your situation, I suppose your reiteration of your concern makes sense as a symptom of that instead of what I read as a person just trying to stir up trouble where there wasn't any.

OK forget it, you are certainly no help. I'll wait for someone who knows. Have a wonderful day.
tongue2.gif
. Thanks for nothing

Back
Top Bottom