A Bielefelder Thread !

I know these boys aren't pure Biels, but I thought I'd share some photos of them anyway because they're so pretty.

Scamp, the smaller and lighter of my two Biel/Ameraucana cockerel mixes.

Trevor, the darker and larger of the two.

I know these boys aren't pure Biels, but I thought I'd share some photos of them anyway because they're so pretty.

Scamp, the smaller and lighter of my two Biel/Ameraucana cockerel mixes.

Trevor, the darker and larger of the two.

I'm curious to know what color eggs their offspring will lay. Hope these crossbreeds weather your AZ climate well! What kind of personalities are you seeing from them?

I'm curious to know what color eggs their offspring will lay. Hope these crossbreeds weather your AZ climate well! What kind of personalities are you seeing from them?

Scamp, the smaller of the two is a bit more standoffish, but still curious. Trevor is actually quite friendly and will occasionally come over to be pet. They were raised by a broody hen until about 5 weeks of age so I didn't get to interact with them much until after that. So far they've both handled the heat quite well. Scamp will probably be culled, but I'm thinking of holding on to Trevor for a while and possibly even breeding him to my NN/Biel cross girls.

Hi @DesertChic ! Are you sure those are Biel/Ameraucana? They seem to have crests - are your Ameraucana's crested?

No doubt, they are BEAUTIFUL! But did a Legbar sneak into the hen house one night as they do look like they are sporting a crest?!

That is what I was wondering. My CCL roo looks like my Biel roo but he has that little crest! Can't wait to see her response!

I don't own any CCLs so I know that's not a possibility. What I CAN tell you is that my (former) Ameraucana rooster wasn't pure but I've no idea what he was mixed with, and breeding him with some of my other breeds has resulted in some interesting offspring. Not only did these guys turn out crested, unlike their daddy, but they also have feathered shanks and one of them has 5 toes.

Here's a picture of daddy, named Copper. Notice that he's lacking the puffy cheeks typical of Ameraucanas.

Here are a few of his other offspring:

Monty, a Copper/White Rock cockerel

Senna, a Copper/White Rock pullet

Mags, a Copper/Australorp cockerel

Haley, a Copper/White rock pullet

Ziggy, a Copper/Dorking-mix pullet

And finally....

Harley, a Copper/EE cockerel.

He had some interesting genetics to work with.
smile.png

Last edited:

Well I think we can rule out white... I noticed that the dad has shiny red ear lobes and several of his descendants, So MAYBE that's the clue to blue eggs.

Last edited:
I thought I'd share today's pics of Hen Solo.
She's so pretty!

Here she is behind our Male English Orpington. They're about the same age, but I think she's a little bigger.

Back
Top Bottom