A Bielefelder Thread !

Pics
I actually have two breeding trios and am thinking of selling one due to limited space. Not sure which to sell... 2 year old rooster with 1 year old hens or 1 year old rooster with 2 year old hens. They are greenfire farms birds bought from a breeder in ft pierce and just finished their quarantine period.

Just had to show how hansome my biefeleder rooster has become. I'll show hens tomorrow. Pam

Anyone have any chicks for sale they are willing to ship this time of year? I am looking for pullets. I have done two batches of mailed eggs from two separate breeders and out of a total of 30 eggs, I have a total of 3 chicks.... So I would prefer to skip the shipped egg method. Thanks. :)

Has anyone processed any Bielefelder roos? Curious as to the meat qualities of the Bielefelders.

Last edited:
2 batches of shipped eggs and only 2 pullets and 8 cockerels..... WTH?  Seems to be my luck this year.

Higher incubator temperature. I see hatched two sets of eggs now. My first, I had no idea about the temperature thing and read that worth a still air incubator the temperature needed to be 101.5

Out of 15 chicks, only 3 were female. Then I read up on the temperature thing how more males tend to develop in higher temperatures and more females tend to develop at lower temperatures.

So with my second batch, I did 99 degrees on the nose, still in my still air incubator, and out of 13, only 2 are males :)

Anyone have any chicks for sale they are willing to ship this time of year? I am looking for pullets. I have done two batches of mailed eggs from two separate breeders and out of a total of 30 eggs, I have a total of 3 chicks.... So I would prefer to skip the shipped egg method. Thanks. :)

Where are you located? I'm not shipping live animals currently, but have birds available for pick up. Right now I am actually just selling a breeding trio. I have two separate trios (1 rooster, 2 hens), but am becoming limited on space so I'm moving towards having only one trio for each breed.

I have found that I tend to get more pullets in the early spring. Later in the spring it will even out and then I tend to start getting more cockerels. It would be nice if incubator temp could give you more pullets, everyone would be doing that if it worked consistently, then no one would have so many extra cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom