A Canada goose bred my Sebastopol!

awesome I have a sebbie female that i wanted to see mate with my canada but he chose my female pilgrim goose and they have been mating and I hope to hatch some out soon as well.

I bet they'll be some interesting babies
1f60a.png

I live near a large lake, but not near enough that my ducks and lone goose ever go there. So, the other day, I heard a ruckus outside and saw a huge Canada goose chasing my Sebastopol, Lucy, around the yard. It took off when it saw me. A few weeks later, Lucy started sitting on a nest of six duck eggs and two of her own eggs - I'd been removing hers (almost) daily. Today, I cracked open one of Lucy's eggs (I found it buried in bedding nowhere near her nest) to find a ton of veins! That Canada goose is the only gander she's ever had contact with!!! I'm kicking myself for taking her eggs!

So, any Canada goose x domestic goose crosses out there? What do sebbie crosses look like - are they ever curly? If either of her eggs hatch, are they going to be super mean? Haha

Canada geese are not mean, you should have some wonderful goslings from the cross. If you have any extra eggs from the cross I would be happy to buy them for hatching

Canada geese are not mean, you should have some wonderful goslings from the cross. If you have any extra eggs from the cross I would be happy to buy them for hatching

I don't have extra eggs but I'd be happy to sell you a gosling if they hatch!

There is a Canada goose up at the lake that has an Embden mate, they should be interesting to see the offspring.

Maybe a silly question, but will the migratory instinct remain? Or will her genetics overrule that?

Will be very cool to see how they look!! :)

I have no idea! I'm guessing the offspring won't be able to fly though. Lucy's wings are somewhat stunted (I think it's a Sebastopol thing).

Back
Top Bottom