A Canada goose bred my Sebastopol!

I really wish I'd recorded when she started sitting... I posted this thirteen days ago when she had already been sitting for a few days. I wrote later on that they will have been incubating 28 days on the 17th, but I don't trust my calculations. Eek!

Canada crosses do tend to fly away over the winter but will come back every year but some might stay.
My Greylagxembden goslings flew very well and with Canada geese being a lot lighter in weight will produce goslings that will be able to fly very well ;)

I would love to buy a mixed gosling as well. they will look awesome. although they will most likely be sterile or mules due to the breeding of a wild with a domestic goose.

You might want to research your state and local laws regarding the legality owning a domestic x wild goose cross.

Canada crossed with any domestic or any wild goose will produce sterile goslings unlike greylag and snow geese who can produce goslings that will also be able to reproduce.

I am unsure if there are restrictions on crosses. most happen at parks naturally. I think since they wouldnt be able to fly if the seb was the main characteristic in the goose. since she owns the seb I dont think they could place any laws against her owning the young ones herself. since in my state all Migratory birds are considered protected and need a permit to own. or proof of it being produced in captivity which is accompanied with the permit when a seller sells a bird to another. but to be sure its safe to say call local dnr on the matter.

The law won't ever find out you have them anyway? You can just say a wild Canadian goose mated with your goose one year and you couldn't do anything about it ;)
I think that law owning them geese without permission is pretty stupid tbh.
A Canada crossed Sebastopol will most likely produce geese that won't be able to fly as I mentioned before
1f44d.png

But I've never seen this cross so it's exciting!

yep I have pure canadas myself and never had issues. I do have the papers needed for them though. I just cant sell their babies yet until I get a sale and disposal permit. its basically just to keep track of who breeds them and sells them.

and I am super excited to see what they will look like as well. my toulouse has been mating with my canada male and laying eggs i put a few of hers in the incubator and they are growing so crossing my fingers on a good hatch. but I know they will not be as cool as a seb cross. thats for sure.

I have a slight fascination with waterfowl crosses. and want to collect them for my aviary. the only issue is for some reason waterfowl breeders for ducks get all huffy about it they yell at each other. or they gang up on the person who is trying to sell the crosses. look up duck or waterfowl hybrids they all look amazing who wouldn't pay for one. I can see not wanting one that is sterile but ducks wont be sterile. only domestic /wild crosses.

yep I have pure canadas myself and never had issues. I do have the papers needed for them though. I just cant sell their babies yet until I get a sale and disposal permit. its basically just to keep track of who breeds them and sells them. 

and I am super excited to see what they will look like as well. my toulouse has been mating with my canada male and laying eggs i put a few of hers in the incubator and they are growing so crossing my fingers on a good hatch. but I know they will not be as cool as a seb cross. thats for sure. 

I have a slight fascination with waterfowl crosses. and want to collect them for my aviary.  the only issue is for some reason waterfowl breeders for ducks get all huffy about it they yell at each other. or they gang up on the person who is trying to sell the crosses. look up duck or waterfowl hybrids they all look amazing who wouldn't pay for one. I can see not wanting one that is sterile but ducks wont be sterile. only domestic /wild crosses. 

Someone got angry at me because I am trying to create a new color of Chantecler chicken
1f602.png

I dont understand why people hate someone trying to create something new. Don't they understand where all the breeds come from and how they are developed
just like dogs and anything domestic. all pure breeds were once mutts as people like to call them. The only thing that makes them a pedigree or a flock standard is
someone took the time to develop it. and made the breed in enough number that they could keep the specific breed going. anyone can technically make their own
breed they just need to get it eventually get a standard look. also known as APA standard of perfection https://www.purelypoultry.com/apa-standard-of-perfection-p-686.html

Back
Top Bottom